first antelope hunt

COLT45

hi, my wife and I are planning on going to wyoming to do some antelope hunting and was wondering if anyone had any info on units with good public land in the eastern part of the state. thank you for your time. also we were going to buy leftover tags if that helps 1buck and 1doe thanks:)

To state the obvious, it is extremely unlikely that there will be leftover buck tags for a unit to be bought if there is good access and public lands. Perhaps the bad economy will curtail nonresident hunting.

I am not sure if Wyoming has decided how they are going to deal with leftover licenses this year. The obstacle may be in finding a vendor to sell you licenses over the phone or internet.

Some ranchers will let you hunt does for free on their land so you can get a landowner list and start calling.

None of this is good news but you need to do a lot of homework.

There are a lot of units in eastern Wyoming where you can buy left over doe/fawn tags over the counter, you MIGHT be able to find a buck tag or two if you are quick enough. Now these are NOT trophy areas. You need to spend some time on their web site to find out when and how to get left over tags.
There is a lot of land available through the "Walk in Area" program.
Wyoming Game and Fish - Home - 1
Dave

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.