Anyone Else Have "Lucky" or "Killing" Clothes?

lancetkenyon

I have boots that I have worn for 15 or more big game kills. Always get blood.on them, and don't wash it out. One of my two pair this year, maybe because of all the blood, had shrunk enough from being wet, bloody, etc. that they killed my feet during antelope season and 12 miles a day, so they had to go.
I got a new pair this year, and luckily, already have the blood from 2 big game animals on them. So they are on their way. My daughter actually wore my old pair of boots with extra thick wool socks the day she killed her big buck! Superstition? Or magic?

But looking at some photos, I also seem to have a few "killing clothes" too. A late season set and an early season set.
I actually put on my "killing clothes" on opening day of deer season this year and told my daughter we should have good luck today.

Anyone else have a pair of "killing boots" or "killing clothes" or "killing hat" that are your go-to?

Various combos, but seems like one thing or another for early or late season.
20161119_085635.jpg

20161201_171627.jpg

20191122_094009.jpg

20191122_111756.jpg

20161119_104548.jpg

I have a set of camo that always seems to have good things happen when I wear it! Definitely agree that there is something to it!

2 different double bearded gobblers, the three biggest whitetails I've taken, my antelope, etc

I'm normally clean shaven , but I've been wearing a mustache for hunting season since '16 . In that time our success has been great , piles of elk , deer and bear have been taken .

Of course!! Lucky compass, passed Uncle's pocket knife, windproof fleece pullover shirt/jac I bought on sale because of the terrible brown camo pattern that has forest green side. Have to have a wool shirt too...

It's a hat for me. Have used the same hat since 1979. My wife is starting to express concern about being able to stitch it up for next hunting season. She has put it back together numerous times. Just an old roll up camo hat. Not sure what to do, at 70 not sure I have enough time left to break in a new one. Was told one time it makes me look more like a fisherman instead of a hunter. My reply was, then it's working the game doesn't even know I'm a hunter so I'm not a danger to then.

A knife. My wife had a custom knife made for my wedding present. Dam thing holds an edge like you wouldn't believe. Also I may get skinned with it if I didn't take it. lol

I have a 3 section waist pack that has carried my daily "smalls" gear since the early 80's, and a custom knife my wife gave me that has gutted, skinned, carved numerous game. That old waist pack still carries some lucky gear from the 70/80's.

I hate to admit it but If I am struggling on a hunt I will switch to my 1st pair of attack pants. I have killed many animals in them.

I've never been very lucky. I know guys that are but it's never been me until I was in Africa last month. Seemed like every time I needed a specific critter it turned up. I shot most of my animals while we were checking leopard bait, we'd spot one, do a stalk and almost always get a shot. Been thinking about it and the only thing I wore every day were my Danner boots. It also seems nearly all my game pictures I was wearing my green shirt. I think I'll check that theory out the next couple weeks deer hunting. :)

I have an orange vest that I put over my pack. Blood stained and full of holes. Been using it for at least 25 years. If I miss place it and use a diff one it never goes well.

On this years hunt I found an interesting rock and stuck it in my pocket. Once I had my game done, whoever else carried it filled a tag. It's the rock for sure!

Does the same knife count? I have a Case Trapper given to me by a lifelong friend.
It's a special edition for Bill Boatman's Coondog Supply with a serrated splay blade and the regular clip blade. I've had it about 40 years and done probably a ton of deer with it.
Real steel not stainless!

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.