Anyone elk hunting with a 6.5 creedmoor??

I don't hate out of staters hunting here. I think anyone should have the chance. The thing is things have gotten out of balance to the point that almost all the ranchers and farmers lease their rights out to outfitters leaving the average residents very little access and options. My point in bringing it up is that elk are a limited and precious resource and anyone who hunts them should do their best to do it right.

Wow, I had no idea. The same thing happens here in NY. For instance there are 2k acres across the street from me cant hunt it only one guy can. Why, oh he has lots of money so he leases it for him self. Mean while my self an 14 others use my neighbors land (350) acres. Just silly

Savage110, is your 111 LRH all stock, or have you done any tweaking to achieve that type of accuracy? I only ask because I am thinking really seriously about getting an LRH of my own....probably in 260 Rem. Also, what type of optics are you using with your 111?

Thanks.

Hi Muleythumper. Yes my 6.5 is completely stock except for the accutriger spring. I'm guessing it came from the factory set at 3.5-4 ibs. on the low end so I trimmed the spring up a little little. Now it's at around 2.5 and it is the same as my other accutrigers. Very easy to do by the way. I have a Burris 6-24-44 on it now but the majority of my load testing was done with a 3-12 scope on it. This is the only load I worked up for this gun and I can't emphasize enough how forgiving it is to different powder content and oal changes by my experiences with the other guns witch I have reloaded for. Great gun for the money you won't be disappointed.

127 gr LRX from my 6.5x47 Lapua running 2800 fps @ the muzzle. LARGE cow elk lung, hit at 450 yds. The new Nosler 129 Accubond LR will have an even higher bc than the LRX. I'll keep using my "elk" gun until some whim pulls me in another direction.

Alan

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.