Anyone custom a Browning A-Bolt?

Thats where I started, Browning told me to go pound sand that it was a restricted item and that I would have to send my rifle to them to install it. MudRunner the only reason they sent you a CR break for free is because they don't want people suing them for hearing loss.

not true, because with or without it its still well above the Db level that causes hearing loss and still requires hearing protection. So your theory is incorrect. Also, Browning gave me a new bolt head for free when i called and ask where I could buy one.

Oh......LOL Either way, a freebie is a freebie! :D

So, if you send them your reciever and have them put a bolt head in it, will they send you your old magnum bolt-head back with it?

They might, but they will only replace the bolt head with the same caliber head that they say the rifle was built for. I am a huge browning fan but this has left a bad taste in my mouth. Browning also told me that I could not even have it shipped to a certified browning gunsmith and have it installed, It had to go to the factory. This is a problem for me because I built my custom a-bolt in 300 ultra and they will not touch guns with custom barrels.

I am having a 375 ruger built on an A-bolt as we speak
So, can you check around and see if you can find me a .308/.30-06 bolt-head for a long-action A-Bolt II? If so, I can get this .280 AI build under-way...:)

Or, even the whole **** bolt would work....But I'm not paying retail price for a used bolt. A used bolt-head would be ALOT cheaper of an alternative for my builld.

Basically I want to build a budget .280 AI, and the A-Bolt II is the only rifle I have, that I don't have any sentimental value with. So I don't mind rearranging it for a while, then putting the browning barrel and stock back on it later if I want to.

So, can you check around and see if you can find me a .308/.30-06 bolt-head for a long-action A-Bolt II? If so, I can get this .280 AI build under-way...:)

Or, even the whole **** bolt would work....But I'm not paying retail price for a used bolt. A used bolt-head would be ALOT cheaper of an alternative for my builld.

Basically I want to build a budget .280 AI, and the A-Bolt II is the only rifle I have, that I don't have any sentimental value with. So I don't mind rearranging it for a while, then putting the browning barrel and stock back on it later if I want to.

sounds like you are on the right path, just make some calls

The bolt head they gave me fits the 375 ruger and the rifle was an 06... so again 50BMG is incorrect

sounds like you are on the right path, just make some calls

The bolt head they gave me fits the 375 ruger and the rifle was an 06... so again 50BMG is incorrect
So, Browning DID sell you a bolt-head recently? So all I have to do is give them the serial number and buy the bolt head?

not true, because with or without it its still well above the Db level that causes hearing loss and still requires hearing protection. So your theory is incorrect. Also, Browning gave me a new bolt head for free when i called and ask where I could buy one.

Hey Mike that could be true before 2008 but not now they are restricted! Give them a call and get one from Browning for Mudrunner if you are so sure. Also that is the reason Browning gave me when they sent me a CR BOSS FOR FREE!!:cool:

Hey Mike that could be true before 2008 but not now they are restricted! Give them a call and get one from Browning for Mudrunner if you are so sure. Also that is the reason Browning gave me when they sent me a CR BOSS FOR FREE!!:cool:

I got one 2 weeks ago. all I know is that it was very easy to get one... Mudrunner is a big boy I am certain he can handle it himself

Hey hey hey....No need to mock me about the free Boss CR.....They really did send me a free one.

I'll call and check with Browning....We'll see how it goes.

Just called Browning, they said I'd have to send the gun in.....What the hell is with that crap. It's the dumbest thing I've ever heard.