Browning A-Bolt

SEGARE

I'm looking to pick up this rifle. I believe it is an A-Bolt but I'm not well versed in Brownings and don't know how to identify the different generations.

57127.jpeg
57124.jpeg

A- Bolt but I can't tell a one from a two. Stainless stalker model. I have an A-Bolt I Stainless Stalker in 7mm RM that is super accurate. Easy to upgrade the tupperware stock to a Bell & Carlson for a few $ and a much better look. Another plus is it easy to do a trigger job yourself if you would like a lighter trigger pull.

Last edited:
Thanks for the help. I'll probably pick it up this weekend. The only downside is that it's 243 WSSM. Seller has ammo and I reload, so it'll be OK.

Thanks for the help. I'll probably pick it up this weekend. The only downside is that it's 243 WSSM. Seller has ammo and I reload, so it'll be OK.
I've had a Browning A Bolt ll with the BOSS Brake in 7mm Rem mag & 1 in 300 Win Mag. Incredibly accurate right out of the box. I could drive roofing nails at 100yds with my A Bolt 7mm mag.

Why not go to the manufacture's website or call their toll free number. There are lots of resources available with a Google Search. Here's the link for the Browning serial number search. Call their customer service number if you need more info.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.