Browning A Bolt II custom stock

shedhunt

I know that there are virtually, zero custom stock builders who build stocks for the Browning A Bolt actions.

My real question is, if I can get a stock built and not inletted, is there anyone out there that offers inletting for Browning A Bolt actions?

Not looking to purchase a new action, looking to upgrade the stock on existing action I have and want to move away from wood stock(s).

Thanks for your time!

I know that there are virtually, zero custom stock builders who build stocks for the Browning A Bolt actions.

My real question is, if I can get a stock built and not inletted, is there anyone out there that offers inletting for Browning A Bolt actions?

Not looking to purchase a new action, looking to upgrade the stock on existing action I have and want to move away from wood stock(s).

Thanks for your time!
I had my first semi custom built some maybe 12+ years years ago or so and all I had for it was an A-Bolt 2 stalker in 300WSM short action. The gunsmith used MPI stocks primarily (before Manners, McMillan, etc.. was all the craze) for everyone and MPI does stocks for Browning A-Bolts.

I had it rebarreled to a 7WSM Lilja BBL. The only catch with mine is the gunsmith built guns using what he called "structural barrels". Meaning he bedded the barrel from the action to the end of forearm. I had a load built by someone else and he free floated the barrel. The only thing is, is that the forearm didn't have much support with the free floated BBL, so wound up having it bedded again and shoots amazing. I see MPI now has Carbon fiber offerings for lighter weight stocks so maybe a question to ask about the flex in the forearm? Maybe not anymore? Maybe not with carbon? Mine was just fiberglass but fairly light.

The stock is nice and feels great, hand fits perfectly ergo wise and everyone that sees it/feels it feels the same (except for lefty's lol).

Initial gunsmith used Krylon rattle can paint for the finish that is textured and comes in different colors. It adds a nice grip to it and looks pretty good. After a hunt and you bang it up, it's easy to touch up.

The website doesn't have a ton of info, but I have talked to the owner on the phone in the past and was very helpful.

Here's some pics of mine A-BOLT II 7WSM.

6FCC51F2-665B-4B8F-AAC0-1595368D5448.jpeg
6CE7676A-3032-4557-9F67-73ACE4670365.jpeg
9A815177-00D5-44C3-8362-6395ADB0CBEE.jpeg
51CDD954-17F5-4934-85B7-47744AA5FE42.jpeg

I had my first semi custom built some maybe 12+ years years ago or so and all I had for it was an A-Bolt 2 stalker in 300WSM short action. The gunsmith used MPI stocks primarily (before Manners, McMillan, etc.. was all the craze) for everyone and MPI does stocks for Browning A-Bolts.

I had it rebarreled to a 7WSM Lilja BBL. The only catch with mine is the gunsmith built guns using what he called "structural barrels". Meaning he bedded the barrel from the action to the end of forearm. I had a load built by someone else and he free floated the barrel. The only thing is, is that the forearm didn't have much support with the free floated BBL, so wound up having it bedded again and shoots amazing. I see MPI now has Carbon fiber offerings for lighter weight stocks so maybe a question to ask about the flex in the forearm? Maybe not anymore? Maybe not with carbon? Mine was just fiberglass but fairly light.

The stock is nice and feels great, hand fits perfectly ergo wise and everyone that sees it/feels it feels the same (except for lefty's lol).

Initial gunsmith used Krylon rattle can paint for the finish that is textured and comes in different colors. It adds a nice grip to it and looks pretty good. After a hunt and you bang it up, it's easy to touch up.

The website doesn't have a ton of info, but I have talked to the owner on the phone in the past and was very helpful.

Here's some pics of mine A-BOLT II 7WSM.

View attachment 508136View attachment 508137View attachment 508138View attachment 508139
Thanks for the information. Appreciate it.