Anyone custom a Browning A-Bolt?

don't know about that, but just to let u know about those 175 gr, they shoot great. was shooting sierra 175 but found some berger, haven't tried them yet. Wish I would've tried light ones awhile ago.

Just a quick question for those in the A-Bolt community.....I have a 7mm RemMag as you all know.....Is it possible for me to buy a Browning A-Bolt 300 RUM magainze and use snap it directly onto my floorplate, that would allow me to mazimize my 7mm RemMag loads on out to full COL's where I could run my hunting loads on out to where they're most accurate, but it would still be a repeater...

Mudrunner all of the long action magazines are the same length, even the ultra mag. What they do is have different spacers in the end of the magazine and the feed lips are formed differently for mag and ultra mag. The easiest thing to increase COAL is to file the aluminum mag spacer down to increase mag length.
gun)

i still have about 4 weeks till i get mine back from gunwerks. its a browning a bolt thats chambered in their 7lrm with a carbon barrel, Mc Millian adjustable a5 stock, gunwerks g7 nightforce and all the other little goodies i could gather up for it. i cant wait to get it back. will deff post a thread on it when i get it back. its been gone for 8 months now. The biggest hold up has been the stock. mc millian does not do brownings alot so that has been the hold up. soon as the stock shows up, gun will be done.

Inline, you drive a Cummins or a rig?

Also, if you don't mind me asking, how much did that barrel blank set you back? That's kind of what I'm looking for since my A-Bolt 7Mag is primarily a hunting rig, so lightweight would be REALLY nice.

I'm looking for a 26" (from lug to crown) .284 1:9 twist, prefer Obermeyer 5R rifling. My smith can custom chamber it, and do all the fitment.

Inline, you drive a Cummins or a rig?

Also, if you don't mind me asking, how much did that barrel blank set you back? That's kind of what I'm looking for since my A-Bolt 7Mag is primarily a hunting rig, so lightweight would be REALLY nice.

I'm looking for a 26" (from lug to crown) .284 1:9 twist, prefer Obermeyer 5R rifling. My smith can custom chamber it, and do all the fitment.

Since I haven't got the gun yet I don't have the invoice yet but I believe it was near 700 for the barrel but don't quote me on that. I will find out for sure. I have 8 cummins trucks and have been big in the high hp diesel stuff since 2004. Have a couple rigs with over 1k at the wheels for hp

Since I haven't got the gun yet I don't have the invoice yet but I believe it was near 700 for the barrel but don't quote me on that. I will find out for sure. I have 8 cummins trucks and have been big in the high hp diesel stuff since 2004. Have a couple rigs with over 1k at the wheels for hp
What a coincidence....I drive an 07 6.7 Cummins (slightly modded) and am into diesel performance. Nice to meet you.

Thanks for the info.

Had the smith ream my Browning 7 Mag 26" ABolt out to 7STW and used a 375 H&H Mag magazine. Fed great and shot the Barnes 160 tsx bullets at 3150 fps. Randy

Well, looks like this thread will never die, as I wanted to poke my head into the conversation and say Hi. My 7mm Rem mag was kind of a spontaneous purchase, one that I am slightly regretting seeing how hard it is to find aftermarket parts, but for a factory rifle, I am very pleased. MudRunner, not sure if you handload, but I would be interested in comparing load data, and talking about some different A-bolt options that you have come across.

Thanks,

Connor

I do handload...What data are you interested in knowing more about?

At the moment I do not have a chrono, so not many of my loads can be 100% verified in MV & ME.

My next purchase will be a MagnetoSpeed V2 chronograph setup. So I will be able to help with that stuff sooner or later.