Anybody using the Choate Varmint stocks

James Jones

I was wondering if any of you guys have used or are using the Choate varmint stocks like the sniper one desgined by Plaster. I'm looking for something to tinker with on a new Savage I'm putting together.
What kind of mods do you guys do I was thinking about making an adjustable cheek and LOP setup instead of the spacers.

Ive used it. it is what it is, heavy and big. I kinda like it, but then.. im kinda big... and heavy too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif iv youre a tall guy it will probably fit you about right, if not, you will probably find it clunky and oversized. Hey, ive got an idea, email inbound.

I just got my 308 put together using the Choate Ultimate Sniper on my lefty Savage. I have only shot it during barrel break so far. I really like it! It's ugly as can be and abinok is right about it being big and heavy but it serves it's purpose as a solid platform for a LR or tactical rifle very well. The one thing I don't like is the flat, upward sloped forend don't grab my Harris bipod tight enough. I'm going to have to shim it with something. I hope this helped. BTW, thanks for the advice on the Ken Farrel base. I got it all together and I really like it!

d c

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.