Choate stock

The regular Choate's stock has a huge barrel channel i have one on my 338 edge it's a savage with a full 1" bull and there is a pretty good gap.If you can handle a big gap it should work with a thin barrel.

As long as the action mates with the aluminum bedding block and the barrel doesn't lay on the surface of the stock's barrel channel this stock should work fine. With a light barrel you may find you have a lot of "air" around the barrel but that shouldn't be a problem - unless you don't like the looks of it.
I have used this stock for a couple of years on one of my rifles in tactical competition and now for F Class. Except for the fact that it is very heavy, it performs quite well IMO. I especially like the fact that the front sling lug is attached to a sliding rail. That feature provides me with a little more flexibility in adjusting bipod height.

Thanks for the help guys. I don't think I will be going with this stock. I've done some research and can't seem to find a stock with a thumb hole or grip for around 200. I would go with the choate but this is my deer hunting rifle and I don't want an obnoxious stock to drag through the woods

So I just ended up buying a Yugoslavian sks m55/66 that has a tactical stock on it. No need buy a tactical stock now.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.