Anybody tried the new 145 ELD-X in .270 Win?

Well I tried60 grains of reloader26 with the 145 Eldx just off the lands and hat a great group about 1/4 + moa at 100 yards with valocity at 3029 average best I've had with these bullets.

Nice! RL26 seems to be very good in a lot of cartridges. I can't find any anywhere. Did you order or buy locally?

I did some load development with h4831s awhile ago. I found a node near max using 3.21. I estimated speed at 3000 and made 3 hits at 500 with the 3 remaining shots.

I will shoot these again soon.

Reloder 26 is the ticket imo,60 grains is powder doesn't even reach the neck of the Hornady cases I use-I check with a flashlight. Velocities are extraordinary and accuracy is good.I chrono'd 2900 with a 19"barrel with 60.3 grains of the stuff yesterday. I hope they perform well on bull elk for the fall.

Hey all, first post on here, but lots of reading and appreciate the shared knowledge.

I have been using the eld-x in my 270 for a few hundred rounds now and have found AR2209 (H4350) loaded to 2950 fps to give the best ES and most consistent results across conditions.

Accuracy is consistent around 1/2moa at 0.020" and again at 0.045" off the lands with the odd group doing 1/4moa. This is primarily a hunting rifle but am having a lot of fun with this load shooting steel out beyond 600 yards. With this round the limiting factor is my wind reading ability.

I wont put my actual load as my rifle tends to take more than most to reach expected velocities and may be a bit dicey in some rifles. However I have no pressure signs in norma brass. Primer pockets are still tight after multiple reloadings.

One thing I have found is the eld leaves a significant amount of copper in the barrel...but hey this is a hunting tool...

I loaded some of these up with 56.5 grains of h4831 and had less than .5 moa with a four shot group. And had great results used them this year hunting. Got 2 deer an antelope and a cow elk all one shot

I am also one that tried R-26 in the 270WW with excellent results. Accuracy and speed with the 150 SST. I am over book a little. Ran it over the chrono until there was no more gain, groups opened as well, backed it off all is super.

It may work in a lot of cartridges, but I saw very little book data, small window as of this year until bullet makers get on board with it.

I have a buddy that I load for and he is wanting to try the new 145 gr eldx. I have always used H4831SC when loading for his rifle with good results.

Has anyone developed a good load with these pills for their .270 Win? If so, share what you have found out during the process as related to what load you settled on, if the bullet likes to be jumped or touching, velocity achieved, etc. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Crowe
I have and didn't have the best results until the weather got colder then they started grouping better, same load and everything so not sure why cuz our weather temps all year don't range much.

Nice! RL26 seems to be very good in a lot of cartridges. I can't find any anywhere. Did you order or buy locally?
I found some at sportsman randomly, I have a good amount now but if I see it there its 1 pound bottle and that's it.

I'm having good results with r26/145eldx/cci250/Hornady brass/.085 jump in my Tikka 270 win.
Shoots best with 61 grains. 3010 fps. Sd around 12 to 14. Close to .61 moa at 200 y indoors. That coal is all my magazine will allow with reliable function. 61.7 gr produced flat primers and one slightly stiff extraction.

Hey all, first post on here, but lots of reading and appreciate the shared knowledge.

I have been using the eld-x in my 270 for a few hundred rounds now and have found AR2209 (H4350) loaded to 2950 fps to give the best ES and most consistent results across conditions.

I wont put my actual load as my rifle tends to take more than most to reach expected velocities and may be a bit dicey in some rifles. However I have no pressure signs in norma brass. Primer pockets are still tight after multiple reloadings.

I'm running 145g Eldx with federal brass and AR2209. At 49gr of AR2209 with 84.5mm OAL I'm just punching 2620fps at the muzzle - slow but sub 1/2MOA group. it is book max. Interestingly the Ballistics app I use works out my drops correct at 2700fps (despite chrono at 2600) so I'm guessing I have some other input wrong. Anyway, hitting steel at 800yds and took a large Red Hind at 612yds last week. Interested to know what you've worked up to. I think my load is performing well in terms of accuracy, but I'm thinking about doing some more load development (while checking pressure indicators) to get some more speed out of it. Do you think it's worth it?

Well boys, getting her figured out. I scoped the bore today and noticed a bad carbon ring in the barrel just past the lands. Should have cleaned it more thourghouly to begin with but just took it for granted that maintenance had been good. After removing carbon I loaded up 6 rounds .002 off lands with 57 grains of 4831sc and cci br2 primer. Shot two three shot groups. First went into .410 and second was .396. Now, I need to verify that es is acceptable and that the load will hold accuracy at distance but this was promising. This is a weatherby vanguard rifle with bell and Carlson stock and timmney trigger that is set at 1.5 lbs and very crisp. Intention of this project was to move my friends effective range from 300 to 600 yrs for whitetail and mulies. This bullet shooting around 2900 fps will get him there. Again not done just yet but very promising results today from an accuracy standpoint. Will load up some more to verify accuracy of load and cross fingers hoping es is acceptable. If everything works out, will then spend a weekend with him teaching him about dialing and mil/mil scopes. Will keep updating as i go along. Very pleased to make some progress today.
Thanks for sharing your info. Looking forward to trying it in my .270 Win.,. H4831sc has been a very good and versatile powder for me, I've used it for .243 , 7mm Mag and .300 RUM all with great results.

I had entertained the idea of trying the 145 eld x but opted not to simply because I don't see it being any better than other bullets of that weight range. It seems disappointing that the 270s 1:10 twist basically dictates no projectile stable in it can exceed a .500 bc by any appreciable amount (never mind noslers initial "optimism" regarding the ablr). Doesn't improve on the bc of the 150 sst, 140 sst, 130, 140, 150 berger, even my old reliable 140 btsp interlocks are only .06 bc difference (and lighter, and cheap). I'm sure they work great in and of themselves, but they kind of underwhelm if viewed as any kind of improvement over what's already available.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.