270 WSM 145 ELD-X load help

I load a 270 WSM for a hunting friend. Using the 130gr Barnes TSX we get excellent velocities & groups with Rel 19 & a bit faster with Rel 22. This is an elk load that gives total penetration. Has worked beatifully for years. Now for deer the Barnes 110g 270 with Rel 19 is a real winner. Top velocity & tiny groups. I have my own range that goes to 522yds. This 110 gr Barnes gets there right now. You would have to shoot it to understand how well it performs at this range.. For deer I would highly recommend the 110gr Barnes. A considerable benefit to me using the mono's is the almost zero loss of meat from being blood shot. As the saying goes you can eat right up to the hole. I believe if you actually shot the 110 mono you would come away with a positive view & a new understanding.. . It will easily take the largest deer, no problem.
Hello, I have heard this from others in the 110 TTSX! Do you have powder charge that you used for this by chance? Thank you kindly, Kevin

This is late to the game here, but this load worked well in mine:

Christensen Arms Classic 270 WSM (24" Carbon)
63.2gr Reloader 22
Norma Brass
CCI 250 Primer
Hornady 145gr ELD-X
COAL – 2.830"
Muzzle Velocity – 3185

I've shot the 110 Barnes TTSX and have in fact taken a whitetail nigh 500 yd w/it, with acceptable results, though nothing that overly impressed me. If I was to try a mono now, I'd be going with the Hammer 122 HHT, the Apex Afterburner 103 gr, or the McGuire Copper Rose 128 gr... In fact, I am playing with all of the above for trials/testing. 😉

Attachments

• CA Classic 270 WSM - 145 ELD-X Target photo.jpg
    CA Classic 270 WSM - 145 ELD-X Target photo.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 29