Anybody still make this Brake?

knc1105

Several years ago I bought the pictured brake from boysatr50.com it is a clamshell mini 50 brake for a light 338 RUM hunting rifle and it is amazing reduces recoil 70% makes a light 338 RUM kick less than a .243 bolt gun. They have retired and. Losed down an cannot find anybody making it. There are no holes on yop the way I like it for low light or at night and ports are angled back. Works fantastic jyst dont stand beside it.

Attachments

• IMG_2637.jpg
    IMG_2637.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 155
  • IMG_2638.jpg
    IMG_2638.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_2639.jpg
    IMG_2639.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 153
Looks like a nice brake but we hunt hogs a lot at night so we never buy a brake with holes on top because it flashes out your night vision. And I guess a physics major with have to explain forward facing ports. Without a cross section, common sense would say that front ports would push back on the rifle. Ports that are angled back pull the rifle forward to absorb the recoil. The brake in the pictures was really light and did not add a pound to the rifle like some do. We horse back and walk a lot hunting in the mountains and need a lightweight brake for a big caliber lightweight rifle. I dont care about the looks, I am not fashion conscious.

Looks like a nice brake but we hunt hogs a lot at night so we never buy a brake with holes on top because it flashes out your night vision. And I guess a physics major with have to explain forward facing ports. Without a cross section, common sense would say that front ports would push back on the rifle. Ports that are angled back pull the rifle forward to absorb the recoil. The brake in the pictures was really light and did not add a pound to the rifle like some do. We horse back and walk a lot hunting in the mountains and need a lightweight brake for a big caliber lightweight rifle. I dont care about the looks, I am not fashion conscious.

Benchmark have them without holes on top too >>> Benchmark Barrels - Muzzle Brakes

Like I said, you have plenty of excellent choices out in the market.

Here's another >>>http://jecustom.com/

Jerry's "Assassin" MB started IIRC from trying to find a better 50 BMG MB. Many happy end users here!

I have a stainless brake like that for sale. I can't post pictures on here even though I have read how 34 times. PM me if you want me to shoot you a pic.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.