Anybody recognize this trigger?

sambo3006

I know it isn't a regular Remington 700 trigger, but I don't know what kind it is.
Thanks!
trigger-1.jpg

trigger-2.jpg

It appears to be a Rem trigger with the safety and bolt release lever removed. If you could post some pics from the rear it would help.

I'll try to get a few more pics when I get time.
Every regular 700 trigger I have looked at has a hole in the side of the housing where you can see the sear engagement. I'm not looking at the same parts through that hole. It is definitely not a regular 700 trigger. One of my friends wondered if it was a 40x trigger but I've never seen one so I don't know.

If it has had a Jard trigger replacement the sear engagement cannot be seen through the original hole. The reason that I ask for a rear view is, some earlier BR rifles had Burns or Olewine triggers that used the Rem housing but, I don't see the pin that both of these conversions used to capture the sear spring.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.