Does anyone recognize this trigger MFRG..

19Wyoming

It is on a Win M70 that I bought and I was trying to lighten the pull from 4.5 down to 3 or less. I have it all screwed up now, and need to figure out how to get it reset.

Attachments

• 20200815_154041.jpg
    20200815_154041.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 411
  • 20200815_154048.jpg
    20200815_154048.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 414
  • 20200815_154055.jpg
    20200815_154055.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 395
I don't have any idea. Looks like the bottom screw in front is the pull weight and I'm guessing the screw above it is the trigger over travel adjustment. So please bear with me cause you may know this, I didn't want to come off like captain obvious but you are going to have to pull the trigger to get your sear to drop down & seat where it should as you are looking at it in the upper round hole (window) on the side of the trigger. If you have your over travel screw screwed in to far, it won't seat in the sear pocket correctly because you can't pull the trigger far enough. So if this is the problem, back your over travel screw out until you can get it seated. Leave it backed out until you get the trigger back on the gun correctly. The piece sticking out of the top of the trigger is up way to far. With it sitting in the sear pocket, it won't stick up that far. And if working correctly, it falls even farther (drops) and let's the bolts firing pin go forward when the trigger is pulled

Ok nice work. I backed both screws out and reinstalled it and now its working. Set at 3 lbs. I would like less. I backed the bottom screw out 1/2 turn, but still 3 lbs.

By your pic it does look like a factory trigger and yea that may be it. Never seen a model 70 trigger from the factory like that, but I think your right!

Make sure you put a little nail polish across the pull weight screw & trigger housing to help it stay secure from backing out, do this after you get it adjusted.

You are right. It is Winchester's XPR trigger . Factory set they say at 3.5. Adjustable from 3 to 5 lb. So that is all I am going to get. Better than 4.5 for sure. Thanks much for your assistance. I thought it was an after market trigger.
I will shoot it and see how it feels now.

Either Mcarbo or Ernie the gunsmith will probably have a replacement reduced spring for it. They are both online.

The Rifle is a Win Model 70 Ultimate Shadow, RMEF, in 264 Win mag. It doesn't say XPR on it anywhere. Learn new **** every day. It's all back together, nail polish and all. Working fine.

Let me know if you find a load or ammo that it likes. I'm looking into procuring a m70 264 win mag.

Its a shooter for sure. This trigger was testing my patience I will say that. 144 Berger LRHT with 75 grains of RL 33
3.335 OACL. 3180 fps off my Labradar.
127 LRX with 63 gr Retumbo shoots 1/2" at 100 yds. 3180 FPS. 3.260 oacl.
Iv'e shot the 140 VLDH, 147 ELDM, 140 SST. RL 33 works great, and of course Retumbo.
Mine is a 26" barrel. No Brake.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.