Anybody producing 7mm Remington Ultra Mag

superlite17

Hi all! I have been looking at the 7mm Remington Ultra Mag for some time now... and man does it seem hot. I originally liked the STW and watched it, but this ultra performs a lot better and seems less volatile.
Anyway, here is where i offend a lot of people, but while i love Rem calibres I cannot stand their firearms. I have had three and NONE of them shot groups for me no matter what load i tried! Plus they will not jump on board with adjustable trigger pull or set triggers.
So, have any of you found the 7mm Remington Ultra Mag produced by any other rifle makers??? IF SO PLEASE HELP!

Thanks - Rod

The only other one that I have seen is Savage. I have a 111FL in 7mm ultra mag and I really like it. I put a timiney trigger on it and like it even more /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif. I am in the process of putting a laminated stock on it and hopefully I will like it even more after that. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Hi i also believe Sako is making one. Later this year Remington will be marketing a new fire controll system this is supposed to include a new user friendly adjustable trigger. I hope you heve better luck with your new rifle all the Remingtons i have have been easy to get under 1/2" at 100.

Cheers Bill
Australia

Superlite

Remington has had quality control problems several times
over the past 30 or 40 years but they were minor and if
you bought during these times its understandable why your
not happy with them.

As far as the trigger adjustment all the remingtons I have are fully adjustable (sear,travel and weight)NOTE" dont adjust the sear.

The problem I see with some models is the #@*#$ plastic
handles they call stocks,wood or composite's are ok.

When you buy any factory rifle there are no guarantees
that you will get a shooter, most shoot ok but some do very
well and like Wild Bill said with some work most can be made to shoot very good .

But Some are destined to become donor actions and need a
custom barrel to make them shoot.

I have a 7STW and a 7RUM and they both need longer barrels
in order to realize there full potential,so if you are considering one of these go with a 26" to 30" tube and
#5 taper or bigger,then look out.

As MR Allen would say ( If it ain't accurate make it accurate).

And as far as making someone mad don't worry its
your money get what you want be happy and good
shooting.

J E CUSTOM

If you still have one of the 700s that didn't shoot then use that as a donor action and make yourself a customized 7mm Ultra Mag or maybe a 7mm Allen Mag.

Just a thought.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.