Anybody got a spare sear spring for a Rem 700?

sambo3006

Not the new X mark. I was taking the trigger assembly off to ship a barreled action and you guessed it. Spring done dissapeared. Thought I was being careful. I cannibalized one off another Rem 700 but need a replacement for that one. Anybody got a spare or know where I can purchase one fairly cheap?
Thanks,
Sam

Note: I edited this post 7/6/08 to reflect the term sear spring insead of trigger spring. The spring that sits vertically under the (sear?) top flat piece of the trigger group and comes up when pins are punched out to remove from receiver.

700trigger.jpg

Last edited:
Brownells has the Holland trigger spring upgrade kits which is a trigger spring and the extra power bolt release spring , I think the kits about $15 and the supplied spring will drop your pull weight to 2-3lbs safely.

Wolff also makes one just the trigger spring for about $5 ,

A few weeks ago they had no trouble selling several of the Holland kits to a good friend of mine who is not an FFL holder. , Lock Stock & Barrel sells them also.

Sorry, I should have been more specific. They would not sell the REMINGTON trigger springs. Anyone else's trigger springs were no problem. I just didn't want a kit. All I wanted was a trigger spring, so I wouldn't pay $15 for stuff I didn't want or need.

I think I used the wrong terminology. The spring I need is the one that sits vertically under the top piece of the trigger assembly (the sear?). Once you punch out the rear retaining pin to take the trigger off the receiver, there is no longer tension holding this spring down and that is when it came out.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.