Anybody fond of WEAVER?

DixieFreedom

For a fellow on a budget, it seems that the weaver scope with the micro-track is a hard bargain to ignore. I ain't one for being a "clarity" fanatic and hunting the last five minutes of legal light. To me, tracking and ruggedness far outweigh clear glass. That and a generous and forgiving eyebox for and plenty of eye relief for the boomers.

Anybody really like the Weavers with microtrack?

While some might say because they are not made in Germany that they could not possibly be worth the box they're shipped in, I think that they are a very nice piece of glass. Often times, people with the right eyes say they look clearer than most others.

Tracking has been reported good and I have personally seen them work fine.

On the 100 yard benchrest seen, if it isn't a Leupold it is a Weaver. Oh, but that is American BR, not German BR. THey are probably better than the red white and blue in that area too (even if they don't have a BR circuit). /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I use a weaver tactical and am super pleased.
If I were certain that other weaver models were as robust at the tactical they would be in the group for consideration.

GG, you gotta find a girl. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

DixieFreedom, I have been useing a V16 weaver on my 22 Hornet for 9 years with out finding too much to complain about. It tracks very well for the dollars spent,and has been completely reliable.
7mmRHB

I know the 36 power weaver track well and they don't have bad glass ,but there varibles are another story. My friend is on his third weaver 6-24 and each time he gets his scope back its not much better than the one before. The glass quality in his scope is about the same as a simmions. The glass is terrible. I am not bashing the weaver 36x, because they are a completely different animal. But his 6-24 is a terrible scope .

For hunting situations, I have never seen a bad review of the Weaver Grand Slam. Their 3-10 looks very interesting. If only they could offer reticle changes!

The Competition and Tactical Weaver scopes are in their own class as far as the rest of the weaver scopes are concerned. If you read any of my posts you will see I am extremely fond of the Weaver Tactical scopes and have them on most of my big game rifles for long range shooting.

They are as consistant, clear and bright as scopes costing 2x as much. TO bad they discontinued the 4.5-14 Tactical though!!

Kirby Allen(50)

Another 'thumbs up' for the V16 scope... this one was a pleasant surprise... it tracks nicely, has low-profile target turrets, has three options for the reticle, is a nice size and good enough glass to get the job done for me.

YMMV,

Monte

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.