Anybody shoot Weaver scopes

montana bob

I'm just looking for a decent scope for another rifle I picked up. I'll be using it for deer season in Ga and my longest shot might be 400 yards. I have a couple of Zeiss 4.5x14x50 but don't have a lot of extra money right now. Weaver Grandslams are reasonably priced and th glass looks good. Any thoughts? My eyes don't seem to like Leupold or Vortex for some reason.

westcliffe01

I have bought some of the K fixed magnification scopes. Certainly not high end. Awful turrets, takes a while to zero since they take time to settle after every adjustment. Once dialed in though, they have held zero fine. I have one on a 22, another on my muzzleloader and another on a 44 mag single shot rifle for deer season.

Barrelnut

LRH Team Member
Might consider a Leupold VX3 with the BC reticle for holdover. Or just a Leupold Rifleman and just and figure your hold over with the duplex reticle.

I have a few Nikon Buckmasters in the price range and like them too.

Thomas B.

Grand Slams are good to go, but a little short on eye relief. The Super Slams have longer eye relief. Currently I am using one of the Super Slam Tactical and it's been great for repeatability and optically. I have previously used serveral grand slams and never a problem.

rcoody

the weaver T-36 is the classic .22 rimfire benchrest scope

Personally I think any scope is better than irons

you don't need a $1000 scope to kill a deer

I hunted my entire teens with a 4X redfield and did quite well. Don't think I ever missed a deer but then I never shot at one over 200 yrds.

Str8shooterTX

I personally run the Weaver Kaspa 3x12x44 in FDE and absolutely love it. Not a long range optic but it takes any punishment I have given it, the turrets adjust well and return to zero without a hitch. Price is right also. Great clarity. No brainer in my mind.

6x6 elk

I have the Super Slam, nice optics, built like a tank, and I really like the pull up turrets. Optics are very close to my Zeiss Conquest, but the Conquest has a slightly larger field of view when you compare them on the same power. I have a old V9-ll that I had refurbished a few years ago by a company out of El Paso Tx, and the optics on that scope are also pretty impressive. Not as good as the Super Slam, but pretty nice for a 40 year old scope.

Primary

LRH Assistant
Here are some related products that LRH members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to LRH’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to LRH discussions about these products.

Recent Posts