Anybody shoot Weaver scopes

montana bob

I'm just looking for a decent scope for another rifle I picked up. I'll be using it for deer season in Ga and my longest shot might be 400 yards. I have a couple of Zeiss 4.5x14x50 but don't have a lot of extra money right now. Weaver Grandslams are reasonably priced and th glass looks good. Any thoughts? My eyes don't seem to like Leupold or Vortex for some reason.

I have bought some of the K fixed magnification scopes. Certainly not high end. Awful turrets, takes a while to zero since they take time to settle after every adjustment. Once dialed in though, they have held zero fine. I have one on a 22, another on my muzzleloader and another on a 44 mag single shot rifle for deer season.

Might consider a Leupold VX3 with the BC reticle for holdover. Or just a Leupold Rifleman and just and figure your hold over with the duplex reticle.

I have a few Nikon Buckmasters in the price range and like them too.

Grand Slams are good to go, but a little short on eye relief. The Super Slams have longer eye relief. Currently I am using one of the Super Slam Tactical and it's been great for repeatability and optically. I have previously used serveral grand slams and never a problem.

the weaver T-36 is the classic .22 rimfire benchrest scope

Personally I think any scope is better than irons

you don't need a $1000 scope to kill a deer

I hunted my entire teens with a 4X redfield and did quite well. Don't think I ever missed a deer but then I never shot at one over 200 yrds.

I personally run the Weaver Kaspa 3x12x44 in FDE and absolutely love it. Not a long range optic but it takes any punishment I have given it, the turrets adjust well and return to zero without a hitch. Price is right also. Great clarity. No brainer in my mind.

I have the Super Slam, nice optics, built like a tank, and I really like the pull up turrets. Optics are very close to my Zeiss Conquest, but the Conquest has a slightly larger field of view when you compare them on the same power. I have a old V9-ll that I had refurbished a few years ago by a company out of El Paso Tx, and the optics on that scope are also pretty impressive. Not as good as the Super Slam, but pretty nice for a 40 year old scope.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.