Any love for RL19?

Hey everyone! I was just perusing some powders on auction and noticed rl19. I've used it before, a long time ago now, seemed perfectly useable but unremarkable.

Anyway…I see all kinds of love expressed for rl17, rl22, rl25 (I love this one, along with imr7828 it's very underrated nowadays as a good butt-kicking magnum powder), rl23, rl26….

Seems no one has much to say good or bad about reloader 19. It's an afterthought or something (like IMR 4831, no one raves about that powder, but h4831 is an INSTITUTION haha)

Anyway…does anyone here LOVE or HATE rl19, have any pet loads that it does better than anything else, or is my suspicion correct, that at this point no one cares or has anything good or bad to say about it anymore because no one really considers it at all?

In my particular cartridge I like RL 19 when using cup and core bullets. It's just a little too slow with a mono of the same weight, requiring an extremely compressed load…….if pushing for maximum velocity! memtb

RL19 is a great 270 Win and 280 Rem powder. Used it off and on in several loads over the years. Just set up a 280 with 140 ballistic tips / rl19 in a nice original Rem 700 Mt Rifle for when I want to feel classy when out hunting

Lou

My 338 Win Mag loved RL19. And I worked up a very good load with it for my 6mm xc with 108gr Berger Elites, which is the 2nd best load. The best is IMR4831 with 107gr Sierra MK. It can be a little fussy with up/down temperature.

I hear the temp sensitivity concern! But if anything rl22 is even more sensitive and it still has a cult-like following.

And indeed, there has been NOTHING that can touch rl22 for raw velocity potential in my 22 inch barrel .270 Winchester.
Amen on RL22! It's basically non existent these days. I'm down to my last 1/2 lb. When looking for pure speed in my .280AI with 140gr bullets, it's the fastest. Used RL19 with 130gr Speer in my 7-08 with good results.