RL19 in a 300WM

sll

Anyone using RL19 in a 300WM with 165/168 grain bullets? I would be interested in hearing about your load data if so. This is the best powder/bullet combo I have found so far as grouping goes at 100 in my rifle.

Anyone using RL19 in a 300WM with 165/168 grain bullets? I would be interested in hearing about your load data if so. This is the best powder/bullet combo I have found so far as grouping goes at 100 in my rifle.

I have also had good luck with 19 in my 300 wm. I am not in my shop, but I think I loaded 74.5, and a215 fed. Bullet was a168 TSX.I was just getting the kinks out when I tried that load, and will re- visit it in the fall before hunting season. Did not chrono at that time, so speed is unknown. I do remember however, that the groups were exceptional. Really not surprised, RL19 is a excellent powder, and burn rate is near perfect.

I've used it with 150's in the 300 win and it tops around 76 with a nos e-tip. The other poster saying around 74.5 is right in line with the Alliant '05 reloader's guide handout. I use 78 of rl22 in my 300 win with 165 hornady fb bullets.

my go to load in one of my 300 win mags is a 165 bt and 73 grains of 19. Ive killed a truck load of whitetails with that load in that gun.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.