Any Interest in a Long Range Shooting Camp?

Broz

I was talking to a friend of mine the last few days about the posibility of a few guys getting together for some long range shooting, food, drink and comradarie. His family owns a great facility in the hills with 1000's of acres for some awesome long range shooting from varying vantage points. Maybe even some gopher and yotes. We would have targets up ahead of time and also shoot some wild killer rocks too. His facility would most likely be available in July or August. We could have food catered , bartender in the evenings and so on. At this point I am wanting to know ??

1: If there is interest?

2: What would be a reasonable amount you would pay for 3 days and 3 nights with lodging and food included?

I will post a few pics on the lodge and facilities but will withhold the name of the outfitter at this time as he is not a sponsor. If this looks like something that will work I will contact Len about becoming a sponsor of the site to advertise it.

Hope this does not break any rules Len. If so let me know and I will make it proper.

Thanks for any and all input.

cabin_picture_z3sySmall.jpg

lodge2_ge21.jpg

Last edited:
I would be interested if I happen to have the time off work when it occured, I could take special time (vacation) but I need to save it for October.

I would think somewhere between $750 to $1100 per man would be fair price?

I would be very interested. At first thought, I would think somewhere in the range of $250 a night would be about right. If you could talk Kirby or Shawn (or both) into making an appearance you might fill the place up pretty quick!!

Just tossing thoughts around at this point. Maybe 2 days and 3 nights over aweekend would be better? Come in on Friday leave Monday?

We also talked about some life sized steel cut outs like of deer and elk? This is in the heart of elk country. And a 2 moa gong at 1 mile. But plenty of shooting at closer stuff too.

I look at this as a great way to test actual field conditions and cold bore shooting. Try new stuff and compare notes , learn to read wind, extreme angle shots....etc. The area is pretty accessable by pickups and the shots could be as far as I think anyone would want.

Weekends probably work better for most, if you want a fuller camp.
Doesn't really make any difference for me though, If I am working it can be any day of the week, same goes for my days off, and I don't usually get to plan very far ahead for either:rolleyes:.

Sounds like a great time though.

Sounds like a great idea Jeff! That time of year I'm probably going to be working 6 long days a week. But who knows, maybe I could wrangle a long weekend? Why don't you look into it more and figure out what your expenses would be and what would make it worth your time and effort. Sept would be a better time of year for me, but then we're getting into hunting season... not sure if there's any good time of year in Montana :rolleyes:

I think you'll get plenty of interest.

Where? Here in Montana? I might be interested

Oops, Yes it would be here in Montana in my and your general vicinity.

Good to hear guys! Yes we have to keep this during the off huning season but hopefully about a month or so before. We are looking into the expences now. Catering probably won't work because we wll most likely limit to 5 or 6 shooters and that simply is not enough to make the dollars work. But we know some cooks that would do it. Probably a good breakfast and packed lunch then a nice supper with Saturday night being steak night. The lodge has a great sitting area with a bar for evening discussions. I might need a drink to be able to explain why I missed all day..:)

Jeff

Broz I would love to do something like that but there's just no possibility I could cut loose in the summer for such an event. April and May would probably be about the only times I could do so.

Great idea though!

Broz

If we can make the dates work I would definitely be in. Over a weekend would be best for me. Cost is not a deal breaker, but needs to be reasonable, depending upon what we are doing and how many of us there are. Excellent idea.

JeffVN

The owner of the place I was thinking of was not that interested so I let it go. But we could do a primitive type camp out and shoot next spring. I think we need to keep it to spring time as the risk of fire gets pretty high here in june through August.

Jeff

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.