Any experience with Hogue stock and Tactical Precision System rings?

RuffHewn

Considering reducing weight of M70 .300WSM.

Current stock is Choate Ultimate Sniper. Considering replacing with Hogue with bedding block. I really like the feel of the rubber overbolding.

Considering Tactical Precision Systems aluminum rings in place of IOR steel rings. Also might replace IOR 20 moa rail with 2 piece bases due to badly gouged thumb knuckle during rapid reload, possibly something custom in aluminum and weaver compatible by my gunsmith.

I appreciate any experience anyone can share.

I like the Hogue overmolded stock too, i have one on a Remmy 700 and one on a Mauser. great hunting stock, great ergonomics, fits me perfectly,quiet, get the alloy bedding block one rather than the pillar bedded one as the fore end is a little flexible on the pillar type. Badger Ordnance rings and bases.
Pete

Hey I have one on my Rem 700 300RUM,its sweet&light feels good.Takes up a lot of recoil.Love it!!!!!
grin.gif

As for the rings TPS makes some good ones for the money but I doubt that they would be better than the IOR.
I don't think that the strength you loose with aluminum is made up by its light weight , but if you rig isin't gonna be knocked around then the heavy steel realy isin't needed. I do like to use steel bases if its at all possible

Thanks everyone.

I ordered the stock with the bedding block, will see if comb heigth needs raising and if so Scopeeze pad from the Kickeeze recoil pad people.

Still have not make up my mind on changing rings and bases. I saw the TPS rings on an AR10 give adequate service.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.