Hogue Stock

it's not too bad, I've had one on a ruger m77 once when i first started getting back into shooting firearms, and my brother in law has one on a winc. mdl70

the cobblestone grip is nice, the aluminum block is a plus, pretty lightweight and "grippy". the bottom of the grip also seems to "hook" a little and helps with bringing the platform into the shoulder.

it has some nice features and is a utility type of hunting stock. which is hard to find a decent upgraded stock with those features for under $250. next in line would be a bell and carlson medalist with an embedded full aluminum chassis.

the hogue has it's critics and its praisers, but when you strip it down it's a decent stock that delivers on its claims or design without breaking the bank.

no only if magpul came out with a savage hunter stock....

Good stock. Have owned one and liked it. Forearm is rigid, nice to carry. Unfortunately not too many aftermarket stocks out there for long action savages under $250. Its a good stock. My only complaint is that I prefer the comb a little higher. But other than that really like the stock. Have a pillar bedded Hogue on a Remington and it is pretty good. The full bed aluminum block was on a savage 110 300 wm. Not much bad to say about them.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.