Hogue oversold stocks

wyopokesfan33

Had my heart set on an hs precision stock for a ruger model 77 mark 2. Their mold broke & no o e has one for sale. So I'm down to a McMillan & Hogue. I see the houses come with option of pillar bed or full bedded. Just curious if anyone has any experience with the Hogue?

I had a Hogue stock put on an FN Mauser I had rebarreled to 264Win some years ago and I will not buy another one. I just don't like them because they add unnecessary weight and they feel tacky to the touch. I think they are cheaper than the low cost to get into one. But to be fair the rifle shot okay with this stock on it.

If I had to install a lower priced stock right now it would be a Boyd's , I really like them.

+1 on the Boyd's stock. My brother put one a Featherweight Thumbhole on a Savage 25/06 he had and it's a good fit.The only thing I would tell ya is if you get the Boyds stock get the aftermarket metal pieces to attach the receiver to the stock.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.