Any cerakote masters, I need fast help, PLEASE

dave300

Evening all, I just received our bottom metal and front ring sample that was to be on its way to be laser engraved upon arrival to me, and we have been bitten by the online color swatch choice made. Our desire was to be as close to Royal Blue as possible. The color we ended up with is no where near the online swatch and product pictures on the Cerakote site.
Neither here nor there at this point.
The background for the emergency is that this is for our sons college graduation build we were doing for him and his school colors are blue and silver, so the build was to incorporate those colors with some additional embroidery goodies to go along with the weapon.
Attached is what we ended up with and I have just barely any time to try and get a color match done and over to the laser engraver and then back to finalize the build before graduation ceremonies.

The color shown on the Ring half and the bottom metal is H169 Cerakote Sky Blue, obviously not an option

The embroidery sample shown is Royal Blue and that is what we are looking to match with the cerakote.

Two questions;

We still desire as close as a match as we can find to Royal Blue, so I'm looking for help on a suggestion for a better color match? Royal Blue is still our intent.
And as important, is anyone willing to do the recoat AND do it relatively quickly with as close a match to Royal Blue as can be?
H E L P, either or both issues, please.

http://i.imgur.com/ZiSyHcy.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/dFcY0qv.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1341.jpg
    IMG_1341.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 147
  • IMG_8875.jpg
    IMG_8875.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 138
I had a rifle done by Red Creek Tactical a few years ago. The quality of their work is outstanding. Not sure how quickly they can do your work, however.
Ernie is who I dealt with, I think he is the owner. He is a good guy. Give them a call and see what they can do.

Good Luck

I had a rifle done by Red Creek Tactical a few years ago. The quality of their work is outstanding. Not sure how quickly they can do your work, however.
Ernie is who I dealt with, I think he is the owner. He is a good guy. Give them a call and see what they can do.

Good Luck

LaHunter, Are you vouching for Red Creek? You might want to do a quick Google search on them with your name on the line. A BBB inquiry is a good idea whenever selecting a shop to do any work.

To dave300, I always recommend to try to find a local Certified Applicator if possible near them capable of the level of detail required. Just being certified doesn't mean they can do what some select few are capable of. The Cerakote website has a gallery to see samples of what can be done by some of these artists. The applicator locater tool listing is also a statement that the applicator is in good standing with NIC. Depending on the number and nature of complaints will get applicators removed from the locater tool.

Be sure to Cerakote a sample piece of material to test the laser engraving on of a material close to what you are coating whether it is CM, SS or aluminum. We tried it on CM and SS and it looked awful. The parts had to be sanded out, reprepped, coated and engraved a different way. I would hate you to lose even more time.

Keep us posted. It sounds like a pretty neat project.

I don't think I put my 'name on the line' by stating that they did a great job on my rifle a few years ago. I had a positive experience with them. They also have done some scope rings for me and did good work on them with a quick turn around time. That is my personal experience with them and my only interaction with them.

I have no idea if they are in good standing with the BBB or not.

Thank you guys, I gave a local guy whom is helping me, hoping to get it handled, it's my only hope :)
LaHunter, Are you vouching for Red Creek? You might want to do a quick Google search on them with your name on the line. A BBB inquiry is a good idea whenever selecting a shop to do any work.

To dave300, I always recommend to try to find a local Certified Applicator if possible near them capable of the level of detail required. Just being certified doesn't mean they can do what some select few are capable of. The Cerakote website has a gallery to see samples of what can be done by some of these artists. The applicator locater tool listing is also a statement that the applicator is in good standing with NIC. Depending on the number and nature of complaints will get applicators removed from the locater tool.

Be sure to Cerakote a sample piece of material to test the laser engraving on of a material close to what you are coating whether it is CM, SS or aluminum. We tried it on CM and SS and it looked awful. The parts had to be sanded out, reprepped, coated and engraved a different way. I would hate you to lose even more time.

Keep us posted. It sounds like a pretty neat project.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.