Any body know the whereabouts of this deer ?

Jimm

A number ( a big number /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif ) of years ago I was rifle hunting mule deer in the Uncompaghre national forest south of Delta . I came upon a hunter from Texas who had made a great shot, extreme downhill angle at several hundred yards .

It was pretty warm and he was going to skin the deer and get the meat in ice chests right away . Problem was he didn't have a camera and really wanted to get pix of him and his deer . I always carry a small camera and offered to take his pic and mail them to him.

Well as you have probably already guessed I lost his name and address . It occured to me that he or someone that has seen this buck may come to this site . As they say "stranger things have happened " I've always regretted not getting his pic to him and thought it couldn't hurt to try this . [image]
7b53b1c2.jpg
[/image] Next time I will give the film to whoever /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

from the looks of the clothing, shoes, haircut, and that funky facial hair- I'd have to say it was from the late 70's-early 80's.

Thanks for the tip Jeff , I think I will try that .

Meister , good guess , it was 80 . But if you think that is funky facial hair check out the pic below ( also 80 ). I ain't telling who that is /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Jim B. [image]
ef2054ad.jpg
[/image]

jimm,
what state are you talking about? the National Forest south of Delta in my state is the Fish Lake national forest.
I agree with Meister Hank Jr !!!!!!!!!
Very nice of you to try and get this to him.
UB

[ QUOTE ]
jimm,
what state are you talking about? the National Forest south of Delta in my state is the Fish Lake national forest.
I agree with Meister Hank Jr !!!!!!!!!
Very nice of you to try and get this to him.
UB

[/ QUOTE ]
That would be Colorado. I have hunted the Uncompahgre 5 or 6 times. Pretty area. You must be from Utah. I've hunted the Fishlake NF 3 times for muleys with a bow. Saw a beautiful 6x6 bull at 10 yards but no tag. Probably 340+.
Hunted the Manti LaSal NF in 2004 black powder for muleys. My buddy and I both scored on small bucks, went home happy.

Hey Unc B.,

The deer was in Colorado , the antelope was in Wyoming ( carbon county ). Gonna go to ther site jeffm suggested now and see if I can put the info there .

Jim B.

jimm,
I know carbon county Wyoming all too well,site of my only speeding ticket in the last 10 years (79mph in a 65) trying to get out of the wind,did not work.
UB

Unc ,

you just didn't know the right people /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif , pic aint so good but look at the door /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Right outside the Golden Rule motel , hope to be going there again soon ,

Jim B. [image]
f31112f4.jpg
[/image]

jimm,
awesome pic,he could just be the man who put a smudge on my driving record. looks a bit different with a grin and no baseball bat in his hands though. I had better follow you up next time closer to the speed limit.
UB

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.