Any 6mm ARC guys on here ?

I have been messing around for about a year with an AR 15 in ARC. Great little cartridge. Wish i could have found componets, as brass was almost impossible to obtain. Can be a challenge on loads in a gas gun....but the accuracy is there...we have matches out to 500 meters shooting and having to knock over steel plates...the one match I shot in I took 1st...so it can be accurate !!!! Unfortunately, the match for that rifle conflicts with another br type match in another town on the same day, so I'm selling my upper to fund some br components.... But if, and when components become available, I might look into it again.....fun cartridge...rsbhunter

I put one together with a Proof steel 18" barrel and a luthAR fixed (non-adjustable) buttstock and adjustable gas block.
Hornady Black shoots terrifically and I've shot that out to 928 yards
I hit a doe at 332yds with the hornady precision hunter, she required a second shot due to my first being low through her front legs just below the brisket. The second shot was at <100 yds and did not exit on a quartering away shot though the shoulder but dropped her immediately.

I've handloaded 105gr speer hot cores with CFE223 and couldn't get much over 2500fps without seeing damage on case heads
I finally got some leverevolution and 400 speer deep curl 80gr. they're going just under 2900fps with the max gas gun load. Those are tough little booger bullets. They went through a 6" creosote bridge timber, 5/8" plywood, and 5" into hard packed dirt.

I built this rifle specifically for deer culling so it will mostly see the lighter bullets. When I want to try it at longer range I will work with the Leverevolution and 103-108gr bullets.

Johnny reloading bench on YouTube has some interesting info.
Is that the YouTube that he tests a bunch of light bullets in a gas gun ? If so, that was an ambitious test and did have some good info .
My leverevolution powder is due to arrive today . Cci small rifle primers came a couple days ago. Hammer hunter 88s came a few days ago. I will be ready to do some load development, component wise , today.
Unfortunately , my scope seems to be lost and dvor.com isn't communicating with me . At least my Nomad trigger is on the ups truck today. I have a few scopes laying around I could throw on there to get a few break in shots downrange , but I hate mounting scopes anymore , lol. I think I will just wait for dvor.com to figure out how to deliver my scope 🤔

I've got the Seekins AR in ARC, have only had time for one range trip. I used some Grendel brass to make some ARC brass but have not fired it yet.
I have some Hornady 6ARC brass and have fire formed Starline Grendel brass. The consistency of case weight and H2O capacity is clearly superior with the Starline brass. I'll stay with the Starline Grendel brass till Starline comes out with 6ARC.

Does anyone have some tricks or tips for marking the brass so it is identified as unique or different, not being 6.5 Grendel in this case? My thought was using a magic marker and coloring the base.

Is that the YouTube that he tests a bunch of light bullets in a gas gun ? If so, that was an ambitious test and did have some good info .
My leverevolution powder is due to arrive today . Cci small rifle primers came a couple days ago. Hammer hunter 88s came a few days ago. I will be ready to do some load development, component wise , today.
Unfortunately , my scope seems to be lost and dvor.com isn't communicating with me . At least my Nomad trigger is on the ups truck today. I have a few scopes laying around I could throw on there to get a few break in shots downrange , but I hate mounting scopes anymore , lol. I think I will just wait for dvor.com to figure out how to deliver my scope 🤔
His video on the 90 gr STGK was impressive. Another powder that was almost identical to leverlution was AA 2520.

I have some Hornady 6ARC brass and have fire formed Starline Grendel brass. The consistency of case weight and H2O capacity is clearly superior with the Starline brass. I'll stay with the Starline Grendel brass till Starline comes out with 6ARC.

Does anyone have some tricks or tips for marking the brass so it is identified as unique or different, not being 6.5 Grendel in this case? My thought was using a magic marker and coloring the base.
I have some starline Grendel brass, but I also have a Grendel upper that shoots light out. I'm just going to weigh and sort once fired Hornady brass as I burn up my supply of Hornady match ammo . I will upgrade to better cases once somebody gets on line with quality brass . Hopefully Starline or Peterson will get with the program soon.

Not the ARC, but I've shot the Whitely 6mmAR for over a dozen years with excellent success. Most used for mid-range competition, I run mostly 142 SMK's at 2750-2800FPS. Cleaned house with 300 yard Egg Shoots using my AR with a 24" Hart barrel. Shoots .25 MOA…At 300 yards, the width of an egg!
Best group…
0F8CDA2D-F4BB-4193-8BF2-C5C3FC1FD1D7.jpeg

Not the ARC, but I've shot the Whitely 6mmAR for over a dozen years with excellent success. Most used for mid-range competition, I run mostly 142 SMK's at 2750-2800FPS. Cleaned house with 300 yard Egg Shoots using my AR with a 24" Hart barrel. Shoots .25 MOA…At 300 yards, the width of an egg!
Best group…
View attachment 353148
I've heard of the 6mm AR a few times, but know nothing about the cartridge. Looks like it shoots though, lol !
What is it based off of and is it on the AR15 or AR10 platform?

I've heard of the 6mm AR a few times, but know nothing about the cartridge. Looks like it shoots though, lol !
What is it based off of and is it on the AR15 or AR10 platform?
It's an AR15 platform. I pitched the complete upper and dyes from Dick Whitely. It's simply a necked down 6.5 Gendel. Enter "home" below

My Nomad trigger group came in and I dropped it in last night. I guess its a good AR trigger. It is NOT as nice as my AR Gold trigger. There is a definite gravelly creep before it breaks . Short , but there none the less. Maybe it will smooth out with some rounds downrange .
Finally got a response on my scope from dvor.com . Expecting it Monday. I'm ready to send some rounds!