Any 6mm ARC guys on here ?

5.56×250

Ordered a Uintah bolt action upper for my pet AR15 and its scheduled to be delivered tomorrow . Its in 6mm arc and I plan to make it my new whitetail rig for 90%;of my hunting. Also plan on doing a little crow and yote extermination in the process.
I bought up 400 rounds of Hornady match ammo with the 108 gr eldm bullet . Going to do barrel break in and have a little bit of fun building up a supply of brass. My plans are to build some hot little whitetail loads with hammer hunter 88gr bullets, cci large rifle primers, Levevolution powder, and Hornady brass. Hornady claims 3050 for max load with a 90gr gmx from a 24" barrel . I'm hoping to get close to 3000 from my 22" barrel with the 88s.
I guess my question is, anyone on here played with the 6arc yet ? I know its not the standard fair for the loaders on a LRH site, but it punches paper nicely out past 1200yds . For whitetail in GA, i will probably limit myself to 400yds and usually less than 100.

Haven't used a 6 ARC specifically, but 6mms are kind of the rage right now, especially the little tiny things like 6 ARC, 6 Dasher, 6 BR, 6 PPC, etc. I'm going high and low right now, 243 AI and 6x45.

90+gn bullets going between 2600-3200 FPS will kill the same way they've been killing since we took ownership of Guantanamo from the Spanish.

Last edited:
If I were too do a bolt action use type on an AR I would close off the gas and have a side charger. OR just get a barrel without a gas port. I've been thinking about this for a while. Get a left sided forward charge handle, so the trigger finger stays put.

I've been shooting one for a little over a year. I love it..I shot a PRS match with mine, shooting factory ammo, and didn't embarrass myself. I've shot quite a few coyotes with it, mostly the 108 eld-m. Shot 2 this morning. It kinda wrecks fur

I bought 100 of the lightest 6mm shock hammers they make, and I'll eventually work up a load for it. I've got a half dozen different 6mm bullets in the vault that I want to play with, but I've got maybe 1k rounds of factory ammo to shoot up before I start messing with it.

Ordered a Uintah bolt action upper for my pet AR15 and its scheduled to be delivered tomorrow . Its in 6mm arc and I plan to make it my new whitetail rig for 90%;of my hunting. Also plan on doing a little crow and yote extermination in the process.
I bought up 400 rounds of Hornady match ammo with the 108 gr eldm bullet . Going to do barrel break in and have a little bit of fun building up a supply of brass. My plans are to build some hot little whitetail loads with hammer hunter 88gr bullets, cci large rifle primers, Levevolution powder, and Hornady brass. Hornady claims 3050 for max load with a 90gr gmx from a 24" barrel . I'm hoping to get close to 3000 from my 22" barrel with the 88s.
I guess my question is, anyone on here played with the 6arc yet ? I know its not the standard fair for the loaders on a LRH site, but it punches paper nicely out past 1200yds . For whitetail in GA, i will probably limit myself to 400yds and usually less than 100.
I just started playing with the ARC in the past month or so. I only have 25 rounds through mine for barrel break in and such. I couldn't find any ammo locally at first so I ended up resizing some grendel brass. I used what I had on hand so my initial loads are 80gr sierra blitz over middle of the road amount AA2460 (27.9gr). I used Hornady's load data since Hodgdon doesn't list the 2460 for the 80gr. I forgot my chronograph when I took it out, so I don't yet have velocities, but for a tossed together load the last 5 rounds I shot went 3/4"

You should easily get the velocities you're after, especially in a bolt action. I'm not familiar with the Uintah's, but the bolt on the website seems to have plenty of meat on it. One thing, and maybe it's just a typo, but I'm sure the ARC uses small rifle primers. The only way it would use large rifle is if you were using resized 7.62x39 brass.

If I were too do a bolt action use type on an AR I would close off the gas and have a side charger. OR just get a barrel without a gas port. I've been thinking about this for a while. Get a left sided forward charge handle, so the trigger finger stays put.
The Grendel bolt face is only rated to 52k pressure. The bolt upper uses a 3 lug bolt with plenty of meat to go 62k. Whole different ballgame on velocities than the semi setup. Don't get me wrong, I love my Grendels in semi auto form. I just want to push the ARC as hard as I can without worry on bolt head breakage . This will be the 4th upper for my pet lower receiver and the only upper I didn't build myself. I have 22lr , 223 Wilde, and 6.5 Grendel in semi auto uppers . I really don't expect better accuracy fromm this new upper. All 3 of the others shoot sub half MOA. I just want a slick bolt gun on the same receiver I've had all this time with.

I just started playing with the ARC in the past month or so. I only have 25 rounds through mine for barrel break in and such. I couldn't find any ammo locally at first so I ended up resizing some grendel brass. I used what I had on hand so my initial loads are 80gr sierra blitz over middle of the road amount AA2460 (27.9gr). I used Hornady's load data since Hodgdon doesn't list the 2460 for the 80gr. I forgot my chronograph when I took it out, so I don't yet have velocities, but for a tossed together load the last 5 rounds I shot went 3/4"

You should easily get the velocities you're after, especially in a bolt action. I'm not familiar with the Uintah's, but the bolt on the website seems to have plenty of meat on it. One thing, and maybe it's just a typo, but I'm sure the ARC uses small rifle primers. The only way it would use large rifle is if you were using resized 7.62x39 brass.
Yep, just misspoke . Been working up supply for a creed too . Sorry about that :)

I am starting to play with the 6 arc for my daughter in a gas gun setup for PRS. I got about 200 rounds down the rifle right now. I am shooting 108gr ELD-M. over Leverevolution powder, br4 primers and hornady brass. This is out of a 24" bartline barrel with a rifle +2" gas system.

Shooting the hand loads or Hornay factory Match it is sub .4" groups at 100 with 5-10 shot groups.

I am starting to play with the 6 arc for my daughter in a gas gun setup for PRS. I got about 200 rounds down the rifle right now. I am shooting 108gr ELD-M. over Leverevolution powder, br4 primers and hornady brass. This is out of a 24" bartline barrel with a rifle +2" gas system.

Shooting the hand loads or Hornay factory Match it is sub .4" groups at 100 with 5-10 shot groups.
Thats great ! Is the Leverevolution pretty pressure stable ? I heard it can be temp sensitive . I was surprised to find a couple lbs pretty easily. Now I just have to round up primers . Been trying to get an account set up with gunbroker for 2 days . I hate to spend. 50 cent a primer after shipping, but I want to get going on load development pretty quickly and cheap primers seem to be unicorn gas in these times.

Thats ballpark of where I am , accuracy wise, with my 6.5 Grendel with a Lilja 22" barrel with my hunting loads . Its a plus 1 or 2. Its been together for about 4 years now. Crazy how good a semi auto CAN shoot, lol.

Temp stable so far. I have only shot it from -10 to about +60 degrees. Here is what it looks like if your are interested.

20220321_160123.jpg

Temp stable so far. I have only shot it from -10 to about +60 degrees. Here is what it looks like if your are
Thats good to hear on the powder!
Nice rig ! I'm throwing the idea around of turning the bolt gun into a dedicated rig with its own lower . I have to give up my AR Gold two stage trigger and pull the JB buffer to use the unitah upper . The buffer is no big deal . I LOVE my trigger though . I have gone through a half dozen trigger groups looking for a true bench grade trigger thats still gtg as a hunting trigger. The AR Gold fits the bill perfectly . I have a Nomad trigger being delivered today . I hope its as crisp as the Gold . Its 3lbs vs 2.5 on the Gold. My main concern is creep . I like the none adjustable butt stock on your rig. I have the Luther carbine target stock that still takes advantage of the adjustable lop. My daughter is pretty petite and when she goes shooting with me, i.like to be able to let her shoot my rig comfortably if she chooses to. I built her a 6.5 Grendel of her own, but its more of a closer range , low magnification rig . She regularly groups sub moa at 100yds with her rig w only 7x magnification . I try to keep her setup light , so a big scope is not on her rifle . I will share a pic of my rig w the unitah upper once everything gets here. Waiting on an Ares gen 2 4.5-30 and the trigger group and I will be ready to start break in.

Recent Posts