Another buck hammered with the 284win and 177 hammer hunter

177 hammer hunter did the trick. 350 yards. 7mm hole in and a nickel size hole out. Lungs turned into liquid. Big Blacktail are hard to beat. Who else love to hunt the Grey Ghost?
I shot a lot of big black tails in my life. I live in Washington State on the West side. Mule deer are absolutely my passion nice buck

I built a new 284win long action late last year and designed the gun around that bullet. The same throat they use on the F class guns is perfect for long copper bullets. I'd have to find the reamer sheet to remember exact numbers. I prefer heavy for caliber bullets. It shoots 175-ELDX very well with the same load @ .015 jump.
177HH LOAD :
.020 jump
56gr 4831sc @ 2820fps
Lapua brass and CCI BR primers

Nice buck.

What twist?

Another 7mm, another Hammer Hunter projectile, another successful hunt. Sorry it all sounds like old hat😉
Congratulations on another 7mm success story.

Don't you know God's favorite caliber is 7mm? About fifty years ago I switched form thirty caliber to 7mm because the BCs were better. What's funny is the longest range deer kill was 274 yards and the longest elk kill was 400 yards.

I did kill a rock chuck at 527 yards, but that was with a .223 firing a Hornady 75 grain Amax.