Annealing Rifle brass

I built one of these.. works just like he says.

Mark
Mark, I could see you pulling out a Raspberry Pi and automating your annealer. LOL

I dont think it takes up that much space. I just put it on the shelf when not using it sideways and it takes up about 6" of shelf space. I dont anneal often, just when I have a bunch of brass to do. I often will have 3-4 firings if I anneal at all. My 223 I anneal probably the most because that is the only necks I have ever split. I just did half my non-prepped 223 today. I saw where someone was saying they melt the plastic Annealeze wheels and someone is making aluminum replacement. I just ran 30lbs of 223 start to finish with no stops and I took the temps of the wheels immediately after the last case and the torch flame disappeared/shut off. I don't know what the plastic melts at and I would bet it is more than 114 degrees in a 70 degree room. I included photos of the brass to see what it looked like. I am not an expert nor get all wrapped up in tiny details, and it looks good enough to me. For size reference that is a RCBS Auto Press (same size as Rock Chucker on bench) and AA battery charger behind it. I run it right under a shelf about 8" above it.
I'm sure I could find 6" of space. Too lazy, too stubborn, and have an 1800 watt induction heater that I will hack, convert and automate when I have some time this spring. I have an industrial bone-yard, it's time to put some of that junk to use!

Mark, I could see you pulling out a Raspberry Pi and automating your annealer. LOL

Actually, the $15 timer box does that. I inserted the timer's relay into the button circuit so I can just press 'Go' on the timer and it controls the ON time down to a tenth of a second. If I chose, I can also use the inductive heater's Go button and start the timer; I brought the two wires to the switch and two wires to the control board out so that I could go either way.

Not bad for $200

But yes.. the Pi is always an option on more complicated things.. ;)