Annealing no color change?

Perhaps I am not annealing long enough. I get a slight straw color at the neck and shoulder. I have never allowed the brass to glow red. I have not noticed any difference in group size, at the range, but I believe I am extending the life of the cases by annealing.

Perhaps I am not annealing long enough. I get a slight straw color at the neck and shoulder. I have never allowed the brass to glow red. I have not noticed any difference in group size, at the range, but I believe I am extending the life of the cases by annealing.
You don't want it to glow red. As soon as you see the slightest dull red glow, when it is dark, it is done.
I hold the flame point directly on the shoulder as the base of the neck takes longer/hotter flame to heat than the mouth of the neck.

Yes Predator, Your right I Don't want my brass turning red. Thats why I very careful to set my Burst Fire annealer to a short rotation duration and just get that faint straw color, on the neck and shoulder . Thats enough for me. Looking at so many pictures and videos of other guys brass after annealing, I see that I am being very conservative at this point. I'm ok with that.

Hi,

Had my first attemp at anneling some brass and wondering if it normal not to see change in brass color?

I use tempilac 750, my drill, a flame torch and the right size socket. Thy 10 lapua that were past in thumbler first and 5 peterson not thumble.

Both brass and up at 6-7 second in the flamme, tempilac said it good but their is no color change on the lapua and slight color change on the peterson.

Will test load them as soon I can but wondering cause the video on YouTube all show change in color...

What your experience tel you about that?
I use this system:

Best bang for the buck, fast, and efficient annealing.
I usually do see a color change

From the people who make the AMP annealer:

We get this question all the time. Cosmetics are simply no indicator of annealing. It is quite normal for cases to show virtually no marks at all and be accurately annealed. Sometimes it is due to the surface condition of the brass. Freshly polished cases show fainter marks. We almost never see much in the way of "annealing marks" on 6 PPC cases or many other cartridges. Other cases, like the 30.06 family look way over annealed, and yet are exactly correct.<br/> AZTEC is extremely accurate. If you are using the correct pilot, and if the cases are coming out hot, they will be correctly annealed.

From the people who make the AMP annealer:

We get this question all the time. Cosmetics are simply no indicator of annealing. It is quite normal for cases to show virtually no marks at all and be accurately annealed. Sometimes it is due to the surface condition of the brass. Freshly polished cases show fainter marks. We almost never see much in the way of "annealing marks" on 6 PPC cases or many other cartridges. Other cases, like the 30.06 family look way over annealed, and yet are exactly correct.<br/> AZTEC is extremely accurate. If you are using the correct pilot, and if the cases are coming out hot, they will be correctly annealed.
This is good to keep in mind, as I do sometimes catch myself looking at post-annealing color as being meaningful, so this is a good reminder that it's not.