Angle cosine indicators

So I am looking around for a good Angle Cosine Indicator (ACI) with mount...and I come across the following set-up.

ACI, ANTI-CANT DEVICE W/MOUNT

Looks like it'll cost me somewhere around $250.00, as I will need the bottom ring as well. (I am NOT using a Night Force Scope and rings).

I have been using the Vortex anti-cant device on my Remmy 700LTR. (.308). But if I am going to purchase the ACI, it will start getting too busy with all the added goodies on my scope - hence I am looking at the latter set-up.

Is this a good set-up...or can y'all recommend something similar...or cheaper?

Just curious, as I may take the plunge sometime in the near future.

Like mentioned earlier, I am using a Remmy 700LTR (.308 Win), and do not foresee shooting over 600-yards with it. My loads will be 185-grain Berger Hybrid Hunters.

Thanks!

In Christ: Raymond

If you are interested and your scope is 30 mm ,,,i have a complete set up brand new ,,never mounted for sale ..$ 300.00 plus $6.00 shipping.
If you are interested send me a e-mail== [email protected]

thanks

i would answer your question with a question. have these issues been a problem for you?
i mean can you relate to an incident where youve missed a shot because you
hadnt spent hundreds of dollars on these items?
im not saying they wont work. im saying their not necessary in order to be a
very successful hunter.
certainly cousine is important to compensate for. but there are numerous ways to do that without spending hundreds of dollars for a device mounted
to your scope.
any angel measuring device even homeade will do that. even cheap calculators have the cousine feature. ive recently been using a device called the slope doper which cost about $30. it has all the percentages worked out so that you can simply apply basic math in your head as you use it. its not much larger than a buisness card. im of the opinion the device your referring to works the same way.
probably the best all round system is a balistics program for the i phones.
you can simply hold the device on the barrel and the program will do the rest.
that would include all necessary data to be dialed into your scope including windage and elevation.
on the otherhand the more gadgets you can add to the gun the more questions your apt to be asked by those uninformed.
you need to ask yourself whats important to you before deciding.

If you are interested and your scope is 30 mm ,,,i have a complete set up brand new ,,never mounted for sale ..$ 300.00 plus $6.00 shipping.
If you are interested send me a e-mail== [email protected]

thanks

@ Extreme: Funny. I wrote that I can get everything I need for $250.00...and then you offer me yours for $300.00. ;)

@ Yobuck: I am in California, and we have many hills and valleys. Like I mentioned, I will not be shooting over 600-yards...but I have had to take 2 or 3 extra shots sometimes. So, "Yea"...I do miss because of the angles.

I am aware that there are other goodies to help with the angles (cards, phone apps, MildotMaster, slope doper, laser rangefinders with ARC installed, protractors, etc), but it seems that a simple, solid device mounted onto the rifle would be the simplest.

What if your batteries go dead on your phone or rangefinder? What if you drop and damage your rangefinder? What if extreme weather throws-off your electronic device? What if it is not weather-proof...or fails to be weatherproof?

So many things can happen to your electronic devices. But if you have this set-up on your rifle - a pen and paper (or sand and a stick) can get you your corrected range to the target. Nothing "extra" to depend on.

And let me throw out another thought. The above set-up will cost me approximately $250.00. But for a few more shekels I can purchase a good rangefinder with an angle compensator.

So now the questions:

1) Dish out the $250.00 for the ACI with anti-cant device?
2) Purchase some other cheap tool?
3) Just get a dedicated laser rangefinder that has an angle compensator?

Thanks again for those who replied.

PS: I've had a Mildot Master for many years now. Sweet device, but I hate having to pull it out, and doing all the pinching and stuff. And even then, I'm still off a bit if I pinch the paperclip wrong.

Last edited:
The Horus Vision ACSLI is a great option at about 70 bucks. Lighter than others as well. I have and use several.

@ Dig: How has the clear plastics held up?

Are they fading or failing to be crystal clear?

I have seen them before, and dig the fact that they have both the sine and degree scales. This will make it easy to compute angled distance in almost any format. But in all honesty, the totally clear plastic housing kinda turns me off.

Still looking around...and still have my ear to the ground for opinions/reviews.

@ Extreme: Funny. I wrote that I can get everything I need for $250.00...and then you offer me yours for $300.00. ;)

@ Yobuck: I am in California, and we have many hills and valleys. Like I mentioned, I will not be shooting over 600-yards...but I have had to take 2 or 3 extra shots sometimes. So, "Yea"...I do miss because of the angles.

you missed because you missed. no shame in that as it happens to all honest people. at less than 600 yds cousine will play only a very small roll in that.
as for hills and valleys their all over this country and lots of shooters deal with it.
its only been recently since the bandwagon was built and the need for these things exist.
prior to that people got by with learning how to shoot.

They have held up fine. Keep the rubber cover on. I have it corded to the rifle as not to lose. I too really like the dual reading and size as well.

Why dont you buy them from the long range hunting store on this sight. Its a great sight and we all need to support it.

OK, shooters,

here's the deal. I have decided to go with the ACI, but I also want a mount that has the anti-cant device. I will attach a picture of my current set-up. (Remmy 700 LTR [short action .308], and Leupold mount). I also have a Super Sniper 30mm scope tube.

There is a distance of 3/16" inch from the scope tube to the base of the Leupold mount.

I have contacted Shawn from Defensive Edge (click on link), and he told me his product would not work with my set-up. I am not sure why, as he has not answered me back yet. I "think" it is because the space from the scope tube to the scope base (3/16" inch) is not enough for the Night Force bottom scope ring to fit into.

So here's my question, does anyone know of a product that I can purchase to mount an ACI onto my scope?

I know I can go the long way and purchase a "short action" picatinny rail mount...but then the whole set-up will end-up costing me almost $400.00 smacker-roo's. (Not acceptable)! :(

I really have my eye's on this set-up. And I will even purchase a mount that DOES NOT have an anti-cant device if it is my only recourse.

If there is no other way, then I will just keep using the Mildot Master card (while pinching the paper clip attached to the corner), and purchase a nice hunting pack instead.

Thanks, folks!

m226354099.jpg

Raymond,

That is definitely one of the downfalls to the Leupy setup as well as having a small objective lens. When mounting your scope correctly, you are left with very little room between the scope tube & you scope base. I have a very poor opinion of the Horus Vision mounts, the ACI/ACD is a pretty nice unit but the mounts are chinese child slave labor garbage...

Take a look at the FlatLine Ops ACI w/Strongarm:

Levels | Flatline Ops

These are bad to the bone, Made in the USA QUALITY units. I just installed the 34mm version on my MK4 M5-A after selling Dig my Horus :cool:. Was easier to install than any ACD i've ever mounted & i've used several.

WELL worth the $$$$

t

Raymond,

That is definitely one of the downfalls to the Leupy setup as well as having a small objective lens. When mounting your scope correctly, you are left with very little room between the scope tube & you scope base. I have a very poor opinion of the Horus Vision mounts, the ACI/ACD is a pretty nice unit but the mounts are chinese child slave labor garbage...

Take a look at the FlatLine Ops ACI w/Strongarm:

Levels | Flatline Ops

These are bad to the bone, Made in the USA QUALITY units. I just installed the 34mm version on my MK4 M5-A after selling Dig my Horus :cool:. Was easier to install than any ACD i've ever mounted & i've used several.

WELL worth the $$$$

t

Dang,

a $250.00 price range is definitely in my budget!! :)

It also looks like the bottom part of the mounting ring may fit in between my scope tube and scope mount base. *crossing my fingers*

I will give them a call in a little while.

Thanks again!!

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.