Ammunition shortage, scalpers, and the future

My opinion is that this shortage, whatever it's caused by, will be around for several years this time. The Biden administration is much more focused on gun control than any administration before and although it's been political suicide to go after our guns (and ammo) in the past it seems that the libtards have finally decided to take a much more aggressive stance.

I was talking to a store owner a couple of days ago and his opinion is that since so much of our ammunition components are produced overseas that it is very easy for this anti-gun administration to simply put import restrictions and taxes up and they can easily get around the second amendment.

He thinks that components will become more and more scarce as a result of import restrictions and ammunition manufacturers will be in severe financial trouble soon.

Biden is also capable of quietly delaying import of components which will cause severe financial stress on the overseas component manufacturers as they can't get paid quickly for their products which will cause some to collapse financially.

I hope all these dire predictions are incorrect but I fear that they are correct.

Another way the Biden administration can cause severe stress to guns and shooting is by levying huge taxes on ammo. This is another end run around the constitution and the second amendment and although some say it won't work just remember how they got mandatory Obamacare pushed through the Supreme Court. They simply called it a tax.... Bingo!

I think this time we are in for gun owner's hell and it is just starting.

Once again.... I fervently hope I'm wrong.

Forget about Buden, Obama, Dumpster and the rest of the lunatics...this as well as the other 5 shortages in the past 20 years is caused by OURSELVES, GREED and HOARDING....we've accomplished what the politicians could never do...whether we want to hear or believe it or not...

Forget about Buden, Obama, Dumpster and the rest of the lunatics...this as well as the other 5 shortages in the past 20 years is caused by OURSELVES, GREED and HOARDING....we've accomplished what the politicians could never do...whether we want to hear or believe it or not...
The only thing I have seen over the pass 10+ years is that cartridge bass has been in short supply. I haven't seen all the bends full of brass in years. Powder and Primers that's a different story, and I agree with you on that. The other part of it, is reloading has seen a big increase in people over the years.

Thank you. Which websites would you consider reputable? I've been on several "notify me" lists and still haven't been able to purchase anything.

Looking for 7mm Remington magnum
Are you really planning on shooting an elk with a 7mm Remington magnum? Haven't you been paying attention? You have to use a 6.5 mm bullet these days to kill anything, or hit a steel target farther away than 100 yards. Besides, if you find some 7mm Remington Magnum ammunition, and since you live in Wisconsin, you might want to save that ammo for the upcoming events following the George Floyd fiasco. Just kidding. I love 7 mags.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.