Ammo bullet question help please

I buy a lot of mystery ammo when I find it at the right price. I buy it for components, throwing the powder and primers away. I will say I am guilty of breaking that rule once. I had a chance to buy a LOT of .44 Magnum ammo for a crazy price. I knew the loader, but he had passed, and it was part of his estate. I shot it all in a Ruger Super Blackhawk, which handled hotter loads quite well. I had lots of brass to reload. I should add, the ammo was all labeled with his loading data. I had a ton of fun blowing up all sorts of stuff at a private dump. I wish I could go back and do that all over again!!!!!!

That opened powder container rule ought to be printed as gospel!!!!! I've seen multiple people toss powder into a powder container. Usually the container is NOT labeled as trash. Most of us have powder from cartridges or near empty containers, even spilt powder from the bench. I have a plastic container filled with water, and labeled, which is what I use for powder, primers, etc. I soak all my trash. I have another container filled with penetrating fluid. I use this for trashed shotshells and cartridges. All this stuff eventually hits the trash.