Ammo Box for Plastic Tip Bullets?

Ingwe

Maybe a crazy question but I am wondering if any of you use a different type of 20 round plastic ammo box other than the standard MTM style. I can imagine that those plastic tips will get damaged/deformed after banging around in the truck after a while.

Any ideas for me?;)

Maybe a crazy question but I am wondering if any of you use a different type of 20 round plastic ammo box other than the standard MTM style. I can imagine that those plastic tips will get damaged/deformed after banging around in the truck after a while.

Any ideas for me?;)
Those MTM boxes are exactly what I use...........but to stop the rounds jumping around, whether plastic tipped or lead tipped, I use closed cell insulation foam to sit in the lid and it holds the rounds in firm contact with the bottom of the container so that no jumping occurs.
While on the hip, no rattling occurs either which is a huge plus!

Cheers.

I would need to say that it is mostly fragmentation at the end of the day.
Yes it looks good but so does a FMJ or HP

Some non pointed bullets (hp) are more stable (accurate) than the pointed ones so aerodynamics can be debated but maybe not speed.

The Vmax is an exploding round... it does a lot of flesh damage and kills quickly

The FMJ does the least amount of flesh damage and has the best penetration.

The hollow point is a mix of the above two... tending to be closer to the FMJ... more stopping power in most cases than the FMJ (other than tough penetration shots) with slightly increased damage but not a ton of damage like the Vmax

The Vmax bullet is a very well designed payload that is fast and effective killer... just like the rest of them when used under the right circumstances.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.