American Rifle Company CDG Action/Remington BDL/ M5 DM AICS

Coyote Shadow Tracker

LRH Sponsor
Hello all
Did anyone build a Rifle using an ARC CDG Short Action in a Remington BLD Style Stock using Bottom Metal M5 with AICS Mags?
ARC description of the CDG States that:
Current Coup De Grâce actions are not BDL compatible
I have a real nice B&C Tactical & Varmint fully adjustable Stock 700 BDL.
I spoke with ARC and they said that the SA CDG will work if using the M5 DM in a BDL Stock with the DM using AICS & AW Mags.
Anyone using the CDG in a BDL style stock?

I checked out Hawkins Bottom Metal and they have Awesome M5 BM Metal. They have two versions one for use of 5&10 round mags and then a "Hunter" M5 with a flush mag and mag release inside the trigger guard so you don't accidently bump the mag release while hunting. Another good thing on this Hunter M5 is not only can it use flush mount mags but will accept AICS 5 & 10 round mags also.
We didn't plan this build but go a deal on the stock so decided to build a great Varmint Rifle with a FLAT & FAST Cartridge. Have not decided on the cartridge yet but will be off a .308 style case. We have the B&C Stock, SA CDG, TT Trigger and probably a Krieger or Bart Barrels.

Just looking to see if anyone is running a CDG and thoughts on a Fast & Flat Varmint cartridge.

The CDG actions do not have feed lips machined into them like a standard remington 700 does. This means you can't use a regular bdl magazine spring, magazine box, follower and the bdl bottom metal with them. They are designed mostly around using the aw mags but can work with the regular aics mags. Some modifications may be needed for the aics mags.

As long as the stock is a 700 or clone inlet with a m5 inlet for the bottom metal you should be good to go. I'm using a manners pro hunter with mini chassis and a APA m5 bottom metal and AW mags and it feeds excellent.

The CDG actions do not have feed lips machined into them like a standard remington 700 does. This means you can't use a regular bdl magazine spring, magazine box, follower and the bdl bottom metal with them. They are designed mostly around using the aw mags but can work with the regular aics mags. Some modifications may be needed for the aics mags.

As long as the stock is a 700 or clone inlet with a m5 inlet for the bottom metal you should be good to go. I'm using a manners pro hunter with mini chassis and a APA m5 bottom metal and AW mags and it feeds excellent.
Thanks Much Bjy308
After ARC came out with the CDG we got a Dealership with ARC so we bought a half dozen CDG in SA & LA. They work really smooth and have some good innovations. They work fine in a MPA Chassis, but no wanting toput into a Stock. When I spoke with a person from ARC she told me to use AICS & AW mags- preferably AICS with M5 Bottom metal in a BDL. Said that can't use internal mag box in the BDL.
We have over a dozen personal projects now and will sell most after finishing them. I just keep jetting one component for a really good price then have to buy everything for a complete build that I never intended to do.
This is another one that is sitting in the Dream Station with every component except a Heavy Varmint/Target barrel and Fast/Flat Cartridge to be chambered.

Ive got a long and a short action, 7prc and 6mm creed. I haven't actually fired the 6mm yet but it feeds perfectly with a grayboe stock and their m5 hunter bottom metal with an aiaw mag with no modifications whatsoever. On the long action also in a grayboe with their cip m5 bottom metal I had to shorten the mag latch some for the aics mag to latch, feeds perfectly after getting the mag to latch in.

Ive got a long and a short action, 7prc and 6mm creed. I haven't actually fired the 6mm yet but it feeds perfectly with a grayboe stock and their m5 hunter bottom metal with an aiaw mag with no modifications whatsoever. On the long action also in a grayboe with their cip m5 bottom metal I had to shorten the mag latch some for the aics mag to latch, feeds perfectly after getting the mag to latch in.
Thanks!