Aluminum receiver

It will be ok because it only has to be baked for two hours at 250o (The option is 300o for 1 hour).

You can also buy some Air dry Cerakote from Brownells.

Just follow the instructions and it will do fine and wont hurt the receiver at 250o.

J E CUSTOM

Thanks, I thought so, but wanted to be sure.
I have a lot of oven cure, so need to buy the air cure for this little project.
Thanks again.

A lot of firearm parts are aluminum. Ruger 10/22, Mossberg shotgun and AR receivers are aluminum. A lot of pistol and revolver receivers are made of it. Most Remington and Weatherby bottom metal and drop box metal is made of aluminum. XLR chassis are aluminum and I have coated those. The heat cure is not a problem. Bake away. Keep it to 250. That is the oil temperature I run my aluminum rods in my race car and they are not hurt. Neither are any of these parts.

A small sample of aluminum parts I have coated.

849596ed611d95735d246f6269f99eb8

Thank you sir!
You are right of course. I forgot about the trigger floor plates being Alum. and I spray them all the time.
Getting old has it's draw backs. I walk into a room and forgot what I went in there for and end up doing something else :)

A lot of firearm parts are aluminum. Ruger 10/22, Mossberg shotgun and AR receivers are aluminum. A lot of pistol and revolver receivers are made of it. Most Remington and Weatherby bottom metal and drop box metal is made of aluminum. XLR chassis are aluminum and I have coated those. The heat cure is not a problem. Bake away. Keep it to 250. That is the oil temperature I run my aluminum rods in my race car and they are not hurt. Neither are any of these parts.

A small sample of aluminum parts I have coated.

849596ed611d95735d246f6269f99eb8

Very nice work HG.

J E CUSTOM

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts