Alaska Grizzly Bullet Choice

That's a lot of ground between Bergers and TSX bullets.
I took Partition Golds to Africa. I took up to Blue Wildebeest with 150s all one shot kills, nothing moved more than 20 yards. I also took 168 TSXs. I shot 4 animals with them. All went 50 yards or so. Blood trails were epic.
There are lots of good bullets between Berger and Monos.

My current plan is to develop a load for the Barnes LRX 190gr or 200gr and compare to the accuracy of the 200gr Terminal Ascent and go from there. Although I have had no accuracy issues with the TA.

@fordy keep in mind that the picture I posted is 200gr TAs recovered from the off side hide of a Moose shot at 530 yards and 560 yards. At that point the bullet was approximately going 1950/fs with 1725 ft-lbs of energy and performed very well. I would suspect that the shot opportunity at a Grizzly would be no more than 300 yards. The TA would be doing 2,300/fs with 2,400 ft-lbs of energy. 23% more velocity and 40% more energy. I would suspect at that range the TA would mushroom back to the copper shank. The bullets in the picture are the only TAs I have recovered.

The combination of the bonded front and mono back end of the TA coupled with the high BC make it a rather good bullet in my view.

According to the bear guides I have had, Kodiak and black bears, they like full penetration. Reason being is for tracking. Bears have a lot of fat that seals up. They also have a lot of hair that absorbs blood often leaving poor blood trails. Usually an exit wound is larger than the entrance wound giving more opportunity for blood spray/leakage.
Just thought I'd throw that inconsequential info in here.

According to the bear guides I have had, Kodiak and black bears, they like full penetration. Reason being is for tracking. Bears have a lot of fat that seals up. They also have a lot of hair that absorbs blood often leaving poor blood trails. Usually an exit wound is larger than the entrance wound giving more opportunity for blood spray/leakage.
Yep!

Like this?

Fat bear.JPG

Your best bet for a bear bullet is from a weapon you are "very" comfortable with. Having been on more than a couple grizzly/brown bear hunts if the bullet can't hit the intended target the bullet isn't going to be much of a contributor to success.
Bears are the number 1 producer of problems by hunters in my experience. More hunters get "bear fever" than any other animal I have seen.
Practice from everywhere you can other than the bench at the range.
I could write a book on shooting bears and preparing. It probably wouldn't be very good though.
I like 2 holes in bears. 1 in and 1 out. The bigger the better.
Aframe is the better of the 2 the OP mentioned.

A year ago I would have totally agreed with RH300UM. With limited experience with the terminal ascent on game, I'm very impressed with the bullet. Have seen one 175 grain 30 cal bullet recovered from a cow moose shot at around 80 yards. Angeling shot out of a short barreled 308 and factory ammo. Perfect mushroom and lots of penetration. The 175 and 200 grain bullets in 30 cal factory ammo have shot great in few different rifles.