AICS mag problem

gpo1956

I have a three round AI mag for 6.5 PRC. It feeds the first round fine, but the second and third rounds nose dive under the feed ramp. What adjustments do I need to make?

I switched a Savage model 12 blind magazine over to AI mags and had the same issues, my solution was to adjust the feed lips slightly for the rounds to sit a little higher and also I notched the feed ramp. Not saying this is the solution to all of these types of issues but that was what I did and it feeds great now.(6.5x284 non binder plate mag).

I switched a Savage model 12 blind magazine over to AI mags and had the same issues, my solution was to adjust the feed lips slightly for the rounds to sit a little higher and also I notched the feed ramp. Not saying this is the solution to all of these types of issues but that was what I did and it feeds great now.(6.5x284 non binder plate mag).
Feed lip!

I've got the tool, but I would sure love to see that chart!!
H-S Precision
20231014_003233.jpg

L/A mag #7390 (<_3.060" coal) front .450", rear .480"
L/A mag #7379 (> 3.060" coal) front .440", rear .450"

Just in case you can't read from the pic? Maybe printing will be better?

Last edited:
Well, I've got it feeding like a champ, but now the case is coming off the extractor and isn't ejecting. Any idea where I go from here?