Mag box problem

GunDoc7

Last winter I finished building a custom 700 that originated as a .243 BDL model and during the build I chambered the new barrel for the 6.5-.284 Norma; everything came together fantastically and for the first few months of shooting I had replaced the factory shell follower with an aftermarket one for single shot lolading at the range and all was fine. However, when deer season came up and I tried to load the secondary rounds into the magazine box I found my new round's OAL is too long to fit. So to make this as short as possible I know I have a couple obvious options, and I have a few fabrications in mind as well if it comes to that, I'm just wondering if anyone has come across this and what direction they went.

Thanks, I look into that...Yea, I was so excited to build my first rifle and knew we already had the chamber reamer for the 6.5mmx.284 so I went with that. Looking back I think I would have built a .243AI or possibly a .22-.243 middlestead if I'd do it again, and waited to build the 6.5 on a rifle solely made for the bench.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.