After Market Turrents for Leupold Scope

Greg Duerr

Im asking this Question again, Who makes after market turrents for LR Shooting for a Leupold 4.5-14 Leupold. My turrents no don't have the Coin Slot for adjustments.

Was wondering if anyone knows if Leupold will install LR Turrents on the Scope. I want the ones that can be Zeroed out once your sighted in..................I asked a Leupold Salesman if thy did and was told no................................So If I Cant make it into a LR Shooting Scope might just have to sell it OR I thought about having Hollands LR Reticle installed, would be a lot cheaper than buying a new Scope....

G

Totally New to LONG RANGE SHOOTING>

I did find a new in the Box Leica 1200 Range Finder and what an Eye Opener that was .............................My last Antelope I shot I guessed it was over 350 yards, Well it was not over 200 And when I ranged Rocks at 400, Wow now 400 is a long ways out there........................600 Yds made me think, How could anyone hit a Coyote that far out............

Again this is all new to me ........................Kind of like Star Wars

Last edited:
I don't know if this will help you but I have a 3.5-10 Leupold. I sent it into Leupold and they installed the M1 turrets. The thing works great. The down side is the size of the turrets. Of course there is no "zero stop" but I marked it and could always get it back on the right revolution. I have up graded so no longer use the scope but was very successful with dialing out to 800 yards.

Depending on which model it is, the leupold Custom Shop can either change it over to a cds format and make you a custom dial, or just make a dial for it without needing the scope reworked for the cds system. Call 1-800-leupold tomorrow and they should be able to give you a firm answer. I don't think the sales person you spoke to was correct.

Ben

I don't know if this will help you but I have a 3.5-10 Leupold. I sent it into Leupold and they installed the M1 turrets. The thing works great. The down side is the size of the turrets. Of course there is no "zero stop" but I marked it and could always get it back on the right revolution. I have up graded so no longer use the scope but was very successful with dialing out to 800 yards.

FYI:
If it is a VX3 with the M1 turrets - I know a very reputable gunsmith that can install a zero stop very easily. I had one of my sons done 3-4 years ago and it works flawlessly.

FYI:
If it is a VX3 with the M1 turrets - I know a very reputable gunsmith that can install a zero stop very easily. I had one of my sons done 3-4 years ago and it works flawlessly.

I apologize to the OP for getting a little off track here.

Cowboy
That is interesting. It is a VX3. When he gets the zero stop set up is it adjustable for different zero's? Pm his contact info if you want.

I've had Leupold install M1 turrets on two scopes.
One was a VX3 30mm 4.5-14. the other was a vari-x 1" tube.
Reasonable price, quick turnaround.

Have taken both out to 1000+. accurate and repeatable. As someone else stated they are pretty large.

Finding a used vx3/ vari-x iii on and sending it off for turrets is a great way to get into a long range optic on a budget.

I called them and was told that I needed the turrents on my Leupod to have the coin slots on them of which mine dont. I have not called them back to find out if they have replacements for the ones on my Leupold.

With the ones you have do they offer you the ability to set at 0 once you have sighted in? Do you need to tell them what Cartridge your shooting, bullet weight, make, BC, and Velocity?

My M1 turrets can be set to zero after I've sighted the rifle in. They do not have a zero stop.

The turrets are marked in MOA. These are not custom yardage turrets for a specific load or cartridge.

Neither of the scopes I had converted were coin slots.

sam

You did not talk to a very knowledgeable salesman....Leupold just put the MOA marked M1 style turrets on my VX3 4.5-14 for $130, and it only took a week.

Cowboy, what's the name of that gunsmith who invented a Leupold zero stop and what did it cost?

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.