Aero Precision Bolt Action Released

MSURunner

Aero released their bolt action rifle/action for sale. Looks like a lot of features to like. 3 lug interchangeable bolt head, Savage small shank/Origin shoulder tenon spec, 700 footprint, integrated 20 MOA rail and recoil lugs...

It looks like a promising set of features @ a competitive price & the quality of their AR uppers & lowers shows they can put out a good product. Should do well for a custom build. No pics & no mention of extractor design. I'm assuming it's a sliding plate-type but I'd prefer a Sako/M-16 style. Does anyone know? Maybe I missed it on my first read thru.

It looks like a promising set of features @ a competitive price & the quality of their AR uppers & lowers shows they can put out a good product. Should do well for a custom build. No pics & no mention of extractor design. I'm assuming it's a sliding plate-type but I'd prefer a Sako/M-16 style. Does anyone know? Maybe I missed it on my first read thru.

Only picture I could find, huge thread on Snipershide, but you know how they go.

From the looks of the FP hole, I see bushings in the future

93A362B0-3FD6-4805-B410-05509C02906B.png

Hey @Darryle
Thanks for finding a picture! Looks like a sliding plate-type extractor. Not my fave as I had one break on me (Savage 110 in .30-06 Sprgfld) but they are popular for manufacturers since they must be the 'easy button' from a manufacturing standpoint.

I wouldn't refuse to buy a gun with one (I own a Ruger American in .300 BO that uses the design) but if I'm going the custom route, I'd prefer to get exactly what I want.

I think this Aero bolt action receiver will do well @ this price point. Just gotta prove to people the manufacturing quality is there but I think Aero knows this already from their time cranking out AR parts.

I checked it out on their website a few minutes ago, checked a wholesaler to see if it's listed but not yet. I wish the website had more information but in all fairness I didn't look for a manual on the site. I want to see how the trigger hanger works and is it adjustable. Couldn't find any accuracy reviews with one of their complete rifles but did find a few introductory reviews which are just marketing. I'm not a fan of dual ejectors, I personally prefer the Atlas Tactical design which places no pressure on the case head. I have some Savage small shank barrels and may get a receiver (which are available on the Aero site) to see how I like it. I recently built a 300 Ham'r on an Aero Enhanced upper receiver and M4E1 lower to hunt with using mostly Aero components. It ain't light but it shoots plenty good. I like everything I've used from them, quite a bit more than Anderson or Palmetto State but worth it to me.

I suspect that some designers favor the sliding plate extractor because it doesn't require such a large pocket in the bolt body like the Sako/M16 design does. In this case that pocket would remove about 90% of one of it's three locking lugs.

Would be good to see what the nose shape of the FP looks like. They won points with me for making it from S7 and for making the bolt from 17-4. I wonder what H-T they're taking the 17-4 to?

More actions taking origin prefits means more Origin prefits for me to buy!

If you look at other Aero stuff the street price is usually well below MSRP, especially when Aero let's vendors sell below MAP. In a year or two the street price on these might be very very competitive, especially with other vendors raising prices. As someone with a number of origin and savage barrels, it makes it easy to pick one of these up of the price is right.

Hey @Darryle
Thanks for finding a picture! Looks like a sliding plate-type extractor. Not my fave as I had one break on me (Savage 110 in .30-06 Sprgfld) but they are popular for manufacturers since they must be the 'easy button' from a manufacturing standpoint.

I wouldn't refuse to buy a gun with one (I own a Ruger American in .300 BO that uses the de time cranking out AR parts.
I thought the "sliding plate" types were machined completely across the top of the lug. Doesn't look to me like this one is. Just MHO. My eyes arent too good anymore.