Adjustable bases. Is there one worthy

This video was made two years ago at the KO2M, I was standing there watching as it was done. They were available in a fixed amount and this last year they have been working on a adjustable model. I am waiting to see the long term effects on the scope housing from the weight and heavy recoil of some of the rifles. But yes it is a nice setup, better then a few others? I'm not sure as far as the cash thats laid out and whats capable.

Cheers
Osoh
You can mount it on a rail in front of the scope. Frank Gali calls a must have if your serious about elr. Rex Reviews hasn't broke it yet so it would be military grade as far as toughness. I read 0 to 300 mils you can set it Once the housing is on the optic you can change it from gun to gun and the zero will be adjusted to what you had set for a correction. Every video I watch I see more and more of these. The price has gone up $200 since introduction. Just the fact that your scope isn't so friggin high off receiver makes it worth the price if this is your game.

Thats true a front rail is a big plus, and I too am for new innovation. I don't think the unit itself is the weak point and technology will only improve the system.

I have an adjustable high moa rail on my ELR rifle and the height of the scope is not a issue with all the folks that have shot it and it did well while I depended on it at the KO2M this year as well as other places that it was used. Note - my shoulder Butt pad and cheek weld are also adjusted so that it is functional and the system is balanced as well.

As noted I like technology and things are only getting better so yes good points Capt. RB

Cheers
Osoh

The adjustable model would be slick! That's the only thing I don't like about the Charlie is no quick way to adjust it.
The charlie is now adjustable for up to 300 mils I live in Mass and the furthest I have to shoot up near my folks is only 1270yds. Hardly worth noting in this realm of the shooting fraternity. I love the advancements though. I'm pretty sensitive to scope height being vertically challenged. For me adding 5 -8 mills allows a 0 moa base and the next lower rings. This would be great for me in prs shooting some of the contorted positions. The only reason I'm looking at them.

Last edited:
The charlie is now adjustable for up to 300 mils I live in Mass and the furthest I have to shoot up near my folks is only 1270yds. Hardly worth noting in this realm of the shooting fraternity. I love the advancements though. I'm pretty sensitive to scope height being vertically challenged. For me adding 5 -8 mills allows a 0 moa base and the next lower rings. This would be great for me in prs shooting some of the contorted positions. The only reason I'm looking at them.
yes but it's not quick adjust like dialing a scope. I got places I can shoot 1000,1300,1500,2600,3100 all from a single spot. If conditions are good enough(not talking wind here)I want to be able to shoot at all those distances.

What is your current set-up allow you to shoot to? Set the taco to that and just put it on. For my case I have 71moa of up in my scope. I have 30 moa in the reticle At 1880 I'm at 72 moa neaded. to get to 2600yds I need 159.5. I could put 100moa in the taco an come up the 59.5 or come up 39.5 and hold 20 moa in the reticle to keep the erector close to the center. Or put just the correction to 1880 or whatever I needed. Obviously a .65 bullet from a 270 is not optimized for your distances. Obviously while sitting here @ 34' above sea level my corrections are no way near what someone out west would have. However it does paint the picture of what can be done with just a 20moa rail.

80A7BA2D-E10A-42EE-8414-57C6BD5A2E9C.jpeg
What is your current set-up allow you to shoot to? Set the taco to that and just put it on. For my case I have 71moa of up in my scope. I have 30 moa in the reticle At 1880 I'm at 72 moa neaded. to get to 2600yds I need 159.5. I could put 100moa in the taco an come up the 59.5 or come up 39.5 and hold 20 moa in the reticle to keep the erector close to the center. Or put just the correction to 1880 or whatever I needed. Obviously a .65 bullet from a 270 is not optimized for your distances. Obviously while sitting here @ 34' above sea level my corrections are no way near what someone out west would have. However it does paint the picture of what can be done with just a 20moa rail.
my current setup gets me to 1900. I need 50 more to get to 2600 and 140 (plus what I have now) to get 3100. If I swapped to a 40 moa rail I could probably make due but would have a 400 yard zero.

The Charlie is a sweet setup but the Ivey and Moab just seem more usable for what I do. Mostly ELR rock hunting. I just love finding a good rock pile way out yonder and setting up.

Attachments

• 3A1C0B56-4853-448D-85B5-DE7560142B8C.jpeg
    3A1C0B56-4853-448D-85B5-DE7560142B8C.jpeg
    305.5 KB · Views: 36
  • 872864E6-0EB8-4244-A3AA-E7C79D0AFEE5.jpeg
    872864E6-0EB8-4244-A3AA-E7C79D0AFEE5.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 30
View attachment 110468 my current setup gets me to 1900. I need 50 more to get to 2600 and 140 (plus what I have now) to get 3100. If I swapped to a 40 moa rail I could probably make due but would have a 400 yard zero.

The Charlie is a sweet setup but the Ivey and Moab just seem more usable for what I do. Mostly ELR rock hunting. I just love finding a good rock pile way out yonder and setting up.
Beautiful country you get to play in! In my rifle I'd need to put my chin on the comb to use 40moa or preload lol.

Was wondering if I could get a few reviews the on the Charlie tarca scope mount ? It fits on end of your scope I think ? Has any one used this for coyote hunting very very long distance ? What is plus and minus of this product ?
Thanks. Marty

If a guy is serious he NEEDS a scope checker. A solid base with a frozen reference scope to use to check this stuff. Shooting groups or box tests are crude at best. Rock solid scopes and adjustable mounts that dont shift poa are not as common as one would think. I'd worry about that first, then worry if its repeats it elevation. Scope checkers are real eye openers.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.