ADG vs Lapua Preliminary Comparison

They just paid Norma or some other company to put that Lapua head stamp on it. Is that not the case?
That is how I understand it. I have no proof.

If it was not Norma then who was it? ADG? They do make brass under contract.

Have I been misinformed? It was my understanding that Lapua has never made belted mag brass. They just paid Norma or some other company to put that Lapua head stamp on it. Is that not the case?

Any way, I'm very glad to see the numbers looking that consistent for the ADG brass. It will be nice to have another source of high quality brass, and in the US even.

Everything I've read says Norma made it. That's seems to be the consensus.

The question that hasn't been aswered, or I can't find is, is if the brass is just Norma brass with a different headstamp, or if Lapua had the brass spec'd differently.

I heard it was norma but to lapua specs. but after shooting most of the major brands and trying ADG in my 300 win mag. nothing else comes close. I will miss the lapua when it is gone. the 50 pieces I am using have 24 reloads on them the ADG will not make that.

morning, so what r the results? this morning I was looking for brass
in the calibers I shoot. went to Lapua, Norma and (Winchester my favorite)!
I found 95% of the new formed rifle brass I was looking for.
never had a problem with the brass mentioned.
GBOT TUM

ran the same test as in post #26 on the 300 win mag brass. all velocities increased 10-12 fps on formed brass. the 77.0 gr. load was the best again but is top end for pressure. this brass will not last long at top pressure 3-5 reloads pockets expanded from .2095 new to .210 in two reloads top load .2105 in two reloads. reminds me of the old Remington ultra mag brass stay at lower end loads and things should be ok but push it to upper end 3-5 reloads. my lapua brass runs 35 fps faster and that has a lot of reloads on it

Yes

If you are experiencing an issue with your product we would like to know about it. Please email or call the office with the details so we can address any concerns you may have. [email protected]. 270-900-4500
This right here seems like a good start. From the sounds of it, there's a possibility that there may be a bug or two to work out but you will never get this kind of response out of any of the big names on a public forum. I'd like for adg to come out with some 270 or 280 brass to try in my Sherman for these reasons: American made and it appears at least, that they're listening to customers. Good luck gents. I honestly haven't tried it in any of my rifles yet but I'm watching it and I plan to when I'm due for new brass.

I don't know what is going on with the WM brass, but my impression so far with ADG is they are about performance and customer service, so I am confident that it will be worked out!
Also, I stopped and talked to Shawn this week (Defensive Edge) and looked at his
ADG brass. He had one sectioned and it looked very nice and smooth on the interior. He also told me that it holds up EXTREMELY well......Rich

I did read that shawn was having good luck with it in his 338 terminator. I posted the lot# in hopes they can keep tracked. also have 338 rum brass and their primers are a lot tighter to start but have not shot them.

Peterson makes some the best 300 win brass out there right now, holds up very well to what I've read over on long range only. Perhaps give it a try if you can find some.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.