ADG vs Peterson vs Lapua Brass

I never thought of enlarging the flash hole highdrum.
I only have a few left and will try that.
Do you use a flash hole deburring tool or drill it out?
Old Rooster
Alpha and the Hornady srp brass use large flash hole. Lapua, Peterson use small and the strongly advise NOT to open them up. Although I really see nothing wrong with the idea. I have not tried it yet, as I haven't had any issues. I have not shot in sub zero temps yet.

A guy I know was shooting his 22gt with stabal and srp Hornady brass, cci450 primers and didn't have any issues in -15 Montana weather a few weeks ago.

You can wring out every last FPS, or you can have good brass life. If I want more FPS than I can get with good brass life, there is almost certainly a different cartridge that makes far more sense to get there with. People beat the heck out of the poor 6.5 Creedmoor case trying make it do things it doesn't want to do. The 6.5-284 or several other cartridges will get you there (and more) without the pressure. No reason in the world to toss Lapua brass with less than 10 firings on it. I had a batch of 223 rem with 13-14 firings on it. I hadn't had any split necks, loose pockets or other losses yet, so I decided to fire form 100 to 223ai just to see how they'd take it. Not a single loss, so they are going into the rotation on that barrel. Good brass is expensive and can be impossible to find at times, why wreck it? Switching to other expensive brass to wreck doesn't solve the problem...

You can use Hornady 6.5CM brass and get 7-8 firings, before the primer pockets, give it up, and people say it's crap brass too. My $1/case Alpha 25 Creed brass, gave it up at 3-4 firings. The Starline SRP 6.5CM, necked to 25CM, is out lasting the Alpha, at $0.60/case. I just put an order into Grafs for 100 Peterson SRP 25CM cases, because Peterson works.

Also running SRP in my 308 Win tactical/ LRP , 6.5 CM & 6 MM XC, have the 6.5 in 3 x brands Lapua, Peterson, & Nosler all SRP and all doing rather well, find that Peterson was just a little nicer, cleaner, consistent less work than the other two but then just as good . So far no primer pocket problems. still tight ( besides I don't posh the Velocities like the others ) besides the bbl are getting too expensive for the better ones. Can't say a word about the Atlas never been able to get what and when needed to try.

Besides need to have a good supply of PRIMERS- right !!!!!!!

Alpha and the Hornady srp brass use large flash hole. Lapua, Peterson use small and the strongly advise NOT to open them up. Although I really see nothing wrong with the idea. I have not tried it yet, as I haven't had any issues. I have not shot in sub zero temps yet.

A guy I know was shooting his 22gt with stabal and srp Hornady brass, cci450 primers and didn't have any issues in -15 Montana weather a few weeks ago.
What size drill bit is used to enlarge the flash hole on SRP brass? I run some SRP Lapua Palma brass for my 308 and I hit a flat spot in velocity well below max load and I wonder if the flame is choked down to much for a full case of ball powder.

Man I learn something new every day. I honestly didn't know flash hole sizes varied. Been handloading 12 years now and I still feel like a rookie, in a good way.

Being in a place that gets really cold, I don't know how I feel about smaller than standard flash holes.