ADG Brass Question

SergeantD

Can anyone let me know if they are current using ADG brass. They tell you on their website to reduce loads by 10%. Why? If your loads are at the specified starting load then this will put you under minimum.

Thanks

The internal capacity on ADG brass is less than some other brands because of a heavier internal construction. If you're working up new loads in ADG brass it won't be an issue, only if you tired to take a load you were shooting in say Nosler brass and stuff it into ADG brass.

Just went through this myself. Brass case capacity on certain cartridges is reduced using adg brass vs some other brands. Lots of folks chasing velocity ( pressure) tend to load hot. Using a case with thicker walls can pressure out faster than thinner, higher water-capacity brass.

Can anyone let me know if they are current using ADG brass. They tell you on their website to reduce loads by 10%. Why? If your loads are at the specified starting load then this will put you under minimum.

Thanks
Only experienci i have is in 28 nosler. I stopped 2 grains heavier than where i was seeing pressure with hornady brass. Im sure it depends on what you had before. You will have to start fresh. If you already had a load try matching velocity.

That is also a good point. This stuff hides pressure very well also. It's tough brass, no comparison to hornady for sure.
Yes, havent taken it high enough to see any sign of pressure whatsoever, but i know it is there. Too hard to get to ruin it is good sstuff. Im right at book max anyway.

I've actually found the ADG 338 RUM bass to show pressures at the same velocities and powder charges as Rem and Bertram 338 RUM brass. I've used the ADG 338 RUM brass in a 338 RUM and 2 wildcats based off of the 338 RUM case.

Thanks for the input....This is what I wanted to confirm. I have been reloading for many years and it just seems components are getting better all the time. I spent a long time developing my pet load but the one area suffering was the brass. Lapua is great, but I'd rather buy made in the USA.

It's a legal disclaimer to prevent law suits, plain and simple. Most their brass is within 1-2% volumes of other vendors or hold more volume on the cases I've used. I use it in creedmoor, 6.5 saum, 30 nosler and 338 rum. My friend uses it in 28 nosler as well.

I switched my 300 rum from Nosler brass to ADG. It takes 2 grains less powder in the ADG brass to get the same velocity and pressure. I'm glad I started low!

By the way, the ADG brass has been fantastic in terms of groups and SD/ES. I'm getting low single digit SD and ES with just brass switch to ADG.

Before I use any brass I measure H20 capacity in 5 cases then use the average as my load starting base for that batch. I put that into Quickload and work up loads from there. I find capacity variances between different batches of brass even from the same manufacturer. My experience is that Hornady has the largest variances even in the same package of new brass. So I don't even mess with it anymore.

I have adg in 28 and the neck thickness after first firing measured .015" -.017". My Nosler brass there only .0005". I also had spring back when fireforming, about .003-.004". Primer pockets only lasted 2 firings for me. Don't know what to think. I talked to them about it but they said everything looked good on their end.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.