ADG Brass quality issues?

I don't expect case mouth to be chamfered and deburred unless I pay extra for "fully processed" brass.

I do find it odd though why some brass has so much variance in length. The Peterson 260 brass I bought had as much as .009" of variance top to bottom. The Lapua brass I have was within .0015" and that seems reasonable.

I've not bought any ADG brass yet but slightly disappointed to hear of your experience.

I wouldn't mind if all the length variance was at or slightly above max length but many of them are almost or less than SAMMI minimum lengths.

In my experience, though the weight consistency is nice and reassuring some-what it does not have ANY relevance to shooting what so ever... OCD yes but if you H2O sort yours brass you will find that they will all be within 0.1-0.2 grains of each other.

I have mixed experiences with adg. First batch of creed brass I got was great. Except for being "tough brass" the pockets started to leak after 3 firings. Not a hot load by any means. I called ADG and the sent me a new batch of brass from a different lot. They said they made changes and tightened the pockets on them. Apparently I wasnt the only one then. So I got my new batch and that so far has been great. My 6mm creed brass I have I havent shot yet. Necks are alittle out of round but not bad. I just got some of their 7mm brass. The necks were way out of round and I had to run them through my sizing doe to straighten them out. Other wise consistency has been good.

In my experience, though the weight consistency is nice and reassuring some-what it does not have ANY relevance to shooting what so ever... OCD yes but if you H2O sort yours brass you will find that they will all be within 0.1-0.2 grains of each other.

I would rather not fill each case with water and measure; Nosler brass typically has an extreme spread within 1 grain for a box of 25. Out of round doesn't bother me (not a problem with Nosler); I neck turn anyway after resizing. As long as the primer pockets stay tight, I don't know what intrinsic qualities "tough" brass has - after all, most of you guys are annealing using the candle or drill method - I would hazard to guess at that point neck tension is creating more issues than case capacity.

I too used Winchester brass and it treated me well. The difference is I've been able to reach my velocity and accuracy goals along with durability. ADG is good stuff.

I have mixed experiences with adg. First batch of creed brass I got was great. Except for being "tough brass" the pockets started to leak after 3 firings. Not a hot load by any means. I called ADG and the sent me a new batch of brass from a different lot. They said they made changes and tightened the pockets on them. Apparently I wasnt the only one then. So I got my new batch and that so far has been great. My 6mm creed brass I have I havent shot yet. Necks are alittle out of round but not bad. I just got some of their 7mm brass. The necks were way out of round and I had to run them through my sizing doe to straighten them out. Other wise consistency has been good.
Try that with Winchester and see how they would respond. Quality = support when things run amiss.

I noticed that on my 1st order of ADG brass (and every subsequent order as well) that the case mouth had a little something like a burr or lip around the entire case mouth. AND I fretted over it, chamfered and deburred each one and got em all just right. Then a buddy of mine called and he noticed the same thing. But he had to firearm brass anyway and was just shooting them all one time, then would prep the cases. His burr or lip disappeared after firing.... so now I don't jack with them. I load em up and shoot em. It has zero negative effect. It bothered me, but my chamber didn't care.

So I looked a little closer at the brass I got and 49 out of the 50 cases were very consistent with neck wall thickness. Like ridiculously consistent. The lone piece of brass out of 50 was off by 3 thousandths compared to the other

I have 10 firings on my ADG 6 Creed brass (hot loads that are leaving slight ejector marks) and the primer pockets are still like new, accuracy is .2-.3 and I haven't annealed once.
This is a torture test I'll keep shooting them untill I find an issue.

If anyone wants to know what super over priced, inconsistent, junk brass is like go buy a bag or Bertram🤮

ADG is same value as Lapua IMO. I have tried it in multiple calibers and its been great. Virgin brass with a chamfer has shot 3" groups at 1K. 338 Edge, 7 Saum, 28 Nosler, 300 RUM, 300 Norma. All great brass

Didn't have the best luck with their 28 nosler when it first came out. The brass would spring back and primer pockets went out on a few of them after 2 firings and I stopped. Nosler brass has 6 loads on it and a few have loose primer pockets. I'm going to try Peterson next. Peterson's bragging about this one so we'll see.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts