Accutrigger

coachA

I have a savage that shoots well but I am really needing to change the spring on my accutrigger. I want to put a target spring in it and get the pull lighter and tighten up my groups. Does anyone know where I can get a spring?

I believe Midway and the Gun Shack out of Texas sells them. You may want to Google it.

Don Dunlap

I use the safety accutrigger spring where the trigger spring is. Then I use half of an ink pen spring for the accutrigger spring.

I usually cut one or two coils off of the accutrigger spring to lighten the pull weight more.
Go slowly and keep checking that the accutrigger will still set with a hard bolt close. And be sure to bend the hook back on the spring to fit the hole in the bottem of the tang.
Some I can get to 8 or 9 oz reliably, some i can only get to 12 or 14 oz reliably. It seems to be up to the geometry/personality of the individual trigger as to how low you can get it, reliably.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.