Jasent, did you extend the mag length for your 338/375?
im single feeding. I have a Mag length load I could use for hunting but it's hard on brass
The barrel just loves the 250 gr Berger at 3025fps weather it .015" off or at mag length whinch I don't remember off the top my head

Last edited:
MT, I have same setup, but in a Wby walnut stock. Bedded, Timney, Nikon Monarch 4X16X50 and free floated. + on the H4831 and mine was most accurate with the Hornady SST, crazy accurate. I'm a bit worried though, my grandson is looking at it too much!

I got this rifle for Christmas a few years back. And I started reloading at the same time. Not really sure how well it would have shot when it was brand new. I was a beginning reloader, and I wouldn't say I was a good shot at the time. But this is how it shoots now with good loads.
View attachment 127359
H4831 with 145ELD-X
View attachment 127361
5 rd groups at 100yards. 200 yard zero.

The 1st thing I did after owning rifle for about a year was do a full betting the job. I must have watched several hours of YouTube and read everything I could find on glass bedding. This made a great improvement in the consistency and accuracy!

Next was to install a Timney trigger. I cannot describe how much this helped to improve my groups.

The following fall I took my 1st elk with the rifle at 420 yards.
View attachment 127360
This was back when I had the factory Nikko Stirling scope on it. Which by the way has probably 600 through it. Still a decent scope but I now have a 12x SWFA SS MOA-quad on the rifle and I really like that.

This has been very intresting and I learned alot along the way. Now I'm working on my first custom rifle. Should have it back from the gunsmith any day now with a new break on it and the next journey begins.

Happy hunting.

Casey.

View attachment 127367

Great choice for a reload, , I just picked up a Savage .270 Win. , I'm shooting 130gr PSP's factory loads now but when I get enough brass built up I'm planning on loading the 145gr ELD-X with the H4831sc also, and upgrading my Rifle for better performance as well.
These were some of my better groups so far.
IMG_20190402_110201539_BURST001.jpg

Great choice for a reload, , I just picked up a Savage .270 Win. , I'm shooting 130gr PSP's factory loads now but when I get enough brass built up I'm planning on loading the 145gr ELD-X with the H4831sc also, and upgrading my Rifle for better performance as well.
These were some of my better groups so far.
View attachment 129323
Those look really good for factory ammo!

MT, I have same setup, but in a Wby walnut stock. Bedded, Timney, Nikon Monarch 4X16X50 and free floated. + on the H4831 and mine was most accurate with the Hornady SST, crazy accurate. I'm a bit worried though, my grandson is looking at it too much!
Mine shot the 130 sst really well also. But the 145s shoot just as good/better in the same velocity node.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.